A Little Help Please....

Blackfeet

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
I have been trying to find an app that will make my slider dock transparent, clear, disappear, etc. I have tried NoDock, Hide Dock, Clear Dock, and a half dozen other apps, and while I can make the slider go away, the dock never does.

Why do I want this? I use IntelliscreenX and place 5 calendar events on my lock screen, however the dock always cuts off the 5th event, at least in part. Not a HUGE deal, but kind of annoying. Screen Capture attached, with the slider gone, but the dock not.

Any help appreciated...

Blackfeet

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
Thanks - tried and failed with Winterboard. Several of the attempts were with themes that were so supposed to "clear" the lockscreen, And they sort-of-worked. As I stated, I can make the actual slider go away but the background dock not so much.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Usually "dock" apps/tweaks refer to the dock on your UNlocked home screen, so that might be an issue. I'm wondering too--does ISX actually go all the way to the bottom of the screen? For some reason in my memory (I haven't used ISX in a bit) it still stops at the slider area on the lockscreen, even if you have a transparent slider background.

If you know how to install themes manually, you could try the one I uploaded in this thread. It's totally clear except for the slider (which you could change pretty easily). But there are definitely Cydia tweaks that do this, which again makes me wonder if ISX actually extends that far...

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Quick follow up: I just ran across this thread on MacRumors, which talks about the same issue:

I just tried Move2Unlock and it does work, but not in the way you would want it. On the lockscreen IntelliScreenX has a fixed empty space reserved for the lock slider, so when you remove the slider with Move2Unlock, you will just see an empty space there and your IntelliScreenX items will scroll and disappear behind that empty space.

So my guess is that's what you're seeing.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
"No Lockscreen Camera" will get rid of the camera icon on your lock screen. That might give you one more line.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk.

Blackfeet

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
Quick follow up: I just ran across this thread on MacRumors, which talks about the same issue:

So my guess is that's what you're seeing.

Thanks for this info - I googled trying to find a solution but did not come across the MacRumors page. That actually makes sense, but it also means there is no solution to my issue. Just another "take-the-good-with-the-bad" scenario.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
If you're interested, Lockinfo offers full-screen functionality. It's not quite the same as ISX but they do many of the same things and have a similar style. Worth a look. Here is mine; bear in mind you can adjust the opacity and so forth, and Lockinfo is a LOT more customizable than ISX in terms of how it looks, how it handles notifications and so on. You can have sections collapsed or expanded, hidden when empty, etc. (My notifications and Favorites are collapsed, calendar expanded here.)

CKmA5.jpg

Blackfeet

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
I was looking at LockInfo last night, but since I spent $10 on ISX, I wasn't really to keen on just jumping to another app. LockInfo does have a trial, so perhaps I'll give it a go...

Thanks again...

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
475469b5-0e84-aaad.jpg
Well good sir, my lock screen has been naked for some time now... Not sure what problems your having... Here's what theme and tweaks I have...
475469b5-0e93-16b0.jpg

475469b5-0ea2-5ad3.jpg

Those two and you should be good to go!!

Last edited:

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
maybe its because of the quick text that he has on the very bottom right of isx, it might be causing isx to stop there, i originally thought it was because of the camera icon on 5.1.1

sherlock

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
Maybe I'm wrong but seems like I remember seeing the option in Springtomize 2 tho it could have been AnimateLockscreen. ;)

Blackfeet

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
That's not the issue--the problem is that ISX doesn't go to the bottom. It has nothing to do with the slider, unfortunately.

Exactly right. I turned off ISX and downloaded the trial for LockInfo, and guess what, no more slider dock. I also kind of like the GUI a little better, which means I may have spent $10 (or whatever ISX cost) for nothing. Just an expensive lesson. I get LockInfo for 14 dyas to decide, but first impressions are extremely positive. Thanks for the suggestion!

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
maybe its because of the quick text that he has on the very bottom right of isx, it might be causing isx to stop there, i originally thought it was because of the camera icon on 5.1.1

Nope, that's just the way isx is designed. It only goes that far on the lock screen.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I think lockinfo also offers a way to earn a free license, but I can't recall the details. Look in cydia on the li page.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73