Step it up, Apple!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jtshurtleff

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
Dude you need to chill. I am a huge Apple fan (own and iPod, iPad 2 and MacBook Pro) and I must say this update is lame. No big features at all and no refresh was what did it for me. There may be more to come as Siri wasn't announced last summer so we shall see with the next iPhone, but this was a huge let down. I thought they'd at least tweak some stuff with the Springboard. Idk why this guy is getting so angry but seriously the OP can express his opinion. That's what forums are for and you don't have to read it. If the title makes you mad...stay out of the post...

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: Uselessbass

mfm77

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I agree with the OP. I love my iPhone and iPad, but I was a tad disappointed with what Apple presented a couple of days ago. There seem to be basic features lacking in iOS 6, and while perhaps Apple isn't showing its entire hand (or may add more between now and October), iOS 6 lacks the "wow factor" that many people were expecting. Yes, people can turn to jailbreaking to personalize their devices, but some of the most popular (and somewhat fundmental) jailbreak tweaks - SBSettings, IntelliscreenX, BiteSMS, etc. - at this point should be baked into iOS.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Yes, people can turn to jailbreaking to personalize their devices, but some of the most popular (and somewhat fundmental) jailbreak tweaks - SBSettings, IntelliscreenX, BiteSMS, etc. - at this point should be baked into iOS.

obviously Apple is in no hurry to to implement the items describe above. both you and i know how convenient they are but not the majority of iPhone users. they have no idea what they are missing out on so the urgency is not there

Dryland

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
People should not expect to see radical changes from Apple. They make small incremental changes. Do you know what kind of uproar Apple would get from Devs if they did some radical change with the UI? That would cause Apps to be rewritten. A learning curve. That's not what Apple is about.

Comparing Android to iOS is not logical. They take different approaches to user satisfaction. And does Google really take as many strides in Developer satisfaction?

Fraydog

Apr 15, 2009
Visit site
The Devs whining about things are reasons why we won't get 1280x720, and Android will just pass iOS in resolution. It's their job to adapt, not ours. They're paid to do that for a living.

A 4.5 inch iPhone would be killer but it won't happen because developers would have a cow. :(

Dryland

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
The Devs whining about things are reasons why we won't get 1280x720, and Android will just pass iOS in resolution. It's their job to adapt, not ours. They're paid to do that for a living.

A 4.5 inch iPhone would be killer but it won't happen because developers would have a cow. :(

Agreed, but apple still has Android to compete with as far as keeping developers happy. One reason I'd love 720... mirroring my iPhone would be in the correct resolution without letter boxes on the sides.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
The Android vs iOS debate will always exist and thats healthy. But I want the source/proof of the OP's statement that the GS3 will be the best selling smartphone at launch. That is not happening.

mfm77

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
The Android vs iOS debate will always exist and thats healthy. But I want the source/proof of the OP's statement that the GS3 will be the best selling smartphone at launch. That is not happening.

C'mon, we all know the iPhone 5 will knock it out of the park. :D

moegumby

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
I don't think we will ever see a major change in IOS, Apple likes it that way, a 5 year old can use a IPhone, IPad, or IPod, keep it simple is their motto. Android is way more customizable right out of the box. I'm waiting for Blackberry 10. Had the Playbook before buying my Ipad2, was totally in love with the power and multitasking of QNX. No buttons, full gestures, true multitasking, but alas serious lack of app support. I hope the apps are there when they release BB10, maybe I will be back with a Bold come November. Apple needs to really add true multitasking to IOS and swipe app switching, we are not all 5 year olds and need more options. You won't have to use it unless you want to, but it would be there for those of us that want those features. Untill then, it's Jailbreak time in IOS land.

Timhewitt

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site

ModeratorOMD

Banned
Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
That Samsung Galaxy S3 is looking real good right now. I'm tired of getting stuck with the beta products.

Beta this. Beta that. I'm just so sick of it.

FaceTime JUST came to Cellular. Woooooooooooooooooow. Everyone was clapping like it was some new feature or something, how late to the game, the blooming idiots.

Dryland

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
That Samsung Galaxy S3 is looking real good right now. I'm tired of getting stuck with the beta products.

FaceTime JUST came to Cellular. Woooooooooooooooooow. Everyone was clapping like it was some new feature or something, how late to the game, the blooming idiots.

Most people I know just shrug at the mention of Facetime over cellular. Not like we didn't have Skype before.

You are well within your rights to: 1) not upgrade to iOS 6, or 2) move on over to Android, it's not a bad choice.

Every iPhone owner that has moved over to Android either comes back or complains that it's not iOS. But thats just a real life comparison of the two OS's.

Reactions: LCW

Timhewitt

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site

So move on. No one is asking you to stay.

If you installed a DEVELOPER beta on your device though and are complaining about its features, you are delusional. It's not meant for you. Period. It's meant for those of us who write software to use for compatibility testing and API support for the new features and updated system calls.

You cannot make any judgement about what will be delivered this Fall from a DEVELOPER beta 1 release.

Reactions: LCW

Dryland

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
So move on. No one is asking you to stay.

If you installed a DEVELOPER beta on your device though and are complaining about its features, you are delusional. It's not meant for you. Period. It's meant for those of us who write software to use for compatibility testing and API support for the new features and updated system calls.

You cannot make any judgement about what will be delivered this Fall from a DEVELOPER beta 1 release.

Beta is also for those of us who like the latest and greatest, early adopters, aren't afraid of or adverse to change, and who understand what beta means.

Beta = not for the weak minded or faint of heart.

pappy53

Banned
Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Samsung reports wholesale orders as sales. Apple only reports end user sales.

It takes 5m units to fill the distribution channel for Samsung phones with minimum order quantities from the dealer network.

Take that for what it's worth.

This is consumer pre-orders. There is a difference.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
If you're so fond of Android, get one. Then go play in the android forums... yeah, it's just a phone... so why are you here, compelled to tell everyone here how their choice of Apple is inferior??? That makes me LOL - the number of people that feel some need to show up here and do nothing but spout off how Apple is crap, and the dairy product flavor of the week is the greatest thing since indoor plumbing... :eek: :confused:

Damn lighten up and don't get so butt hurt. Not once did he say apple was inferior. Man the way people defend a product they get no money for is hilarious. Relax take a chill pill pappy was just expressing how he wished apple would have done more. Guess criticism isn't allowed because its an apple product..:rolleyes:

Vanti

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
It is true that ios is behind. Thats not even up for debate discussion thats a proven fact of life ios is behind many other Mobile os' and is not constantly growing for the greater as the brief preview of os6 has shown. But the only thing that i can see wrong with his post is the fact that hes encouraging people to go get and android other than everything he said valid.

robes1

May 31, 2009
Visit site
I have not said that Apple is inferior or crap, nor have I said that Android is the greatest. I am now using iPhone, and I like it, but I do have the right to express my opinions on how Apple could improve their phones, just as you can express your opinions. The difference between you and me is that I don't have an elitist attitude, and can read other's opinions without getting offended.
Have a blessed day!

The problem with your trolling is that you never listed one way that Apple could make the phone better in your initial post. Then you justify your trolling by saying that you were just listing ways to make it better. Where are the many ways that you brought with you in all of your Androud fanboyism that will make this phone better? What do we need? Face unlock? Just another lame mental dwarf! You forgot the constructive part of your constructive criticism!

pappy53

Banned
Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
The problem with your trolling is that you never listed one way that Apple could make the phone better in your initial post. Then you justify your trolling by saying that you were just listing ways to make it better. Where are the many ways that you brought with you in all of your Androud fanboyism that will make this phone better? What do we need? Face unlock? Just another lame mental dwarf! You forgot the constructive part of your constructive criticism!

Trolling, fanboy, mental dwarf? You are an idiot. Why would I do this, when I have plainly stated that I am staying with Apple? You need to take off your fruit-colored glasses and take a chill pill. It's just a phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.