8% battery in 14 minutes

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Ok so for a while I thought I was nuts, but this has got to be an actual issue... Only started when I went to 5.1.1 restore as new jailbreak.... Perhaps I forgot to turn off some push notification, or something.... Any ideas?
I am noticing my location notice a lot, but don't know what's using my location... Nothing seems out of sorts according to my locations tab under settings...
Pretty much location is popping up EVERYTIME I "wake" my phone
475469b5-cb68-7a81.jpg

Last edited:

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
not good when your usage time is the same as your standby

i would venture into your Location Service settings and turn OFF whatever you think you will not need as well as going into the System Services area (i turn off Diagnostics & Usage, Location-Based iAds and Setting Time Zone)

of course this is just a shot in the dark because you are jailbroken

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Well I've been all over my phone today trying to find out what's going on... So that's probably why the usage and standby are the same...
I've isolated location to the weather app.
And the thing is, none of my tweaks are different than before when I was on 5.0.1... WHY DID I UPDATE?????

3under2

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Well I've been all over my phone today trying to find out what's going on... So that's probably why the usage and standby are the same...
I've isolated location to the weather app.
And the thing is, none of my tweaks are different than before when I was on 5.0.1... WHY DID I UPDATE?????

Not a helpful comment, BUT that is exactly why I am still running 5.0.1! If it aint broke ... You know the rest :(.

Scarlet

Sent from my jailbroken and heavily tweaked iPhone 4 using Tapatalk ;).

Reactions: 3cit

Sharma15

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
1) Turn off location services for weather, set it to your city/postal code.

2) Turn off push for mail accounts and set them to fetch hourly. You don't need to have mail sent to you as it comes, its just mail!

3) Turn off any notifications that you dont get daily (for me I don't use instagram everyday soo i turned it off, along with several other apps)

4) Download BatteryDoctorPro from bigboss repo, it helps charge your battery better.

5) Delete ANY cydia tweaks that aren't compatible with 5.1.1 (any you may have recently installed, usually the smaller tweaks have some problems.)

6) Recalibrate your battery. Run down your battery to 0% until it auto shuts down, leave it for 5-6 hours and then plug it in until fully 100% charged (recommended to leave on 1 hour after 100% charge) and then use your phone. Your battery should increase significantly after following all these steps.

To help us out a little bit, please post all cidya tweaks you have installed. Maybe we can single out the problem there.

Reactions: 3cit and rosenstar

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
d02c8811-7878-6418.jpg

d02c8811-78a1-88d1.jpg

Ok so that's not so bad for battery life...
Maybe i just need to recalibrate the battery!

rosenstar

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
Ok, so similar problem to the OP:

I was having BAD battery problems, then I reset the battery and followed the instructions in post #4, thought I was doing well with my battery. Charged my phone to 100%, left it on all night (connected to wifi). 8 hours later it's at ~30%.

I assume the draining is the cause of push notifications. How do I adjust push notification for every app/ Any other settings I should check?

I'm currently on 5.01, thinking of upgrading and re-JBing

Sharma15

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
I would advice updating to 5.1.1 is you havent already. The battery is a boat load better than 5.0.1. Also, most of the tweaks available in Cidya are coded for 5.1.1 and work better with the new iOS.

rosenstar

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
I would advice updating to 5.1.1 is you havent already. The battery is a boat load better than 5.0.1. Also, most of the tweaks available in Cidya are coded for 5.1.1 and work better with the new iOS.

Ok, been thinking about it, but I will now. Thanks.

1982ollie

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Click to view quoted image

Click to view quoted image

Ok so that's not so bad for battery life...
Maybe i just need to recalibrate the battery!

Hey 3cit,

What font is that your using?

Sorry for hijacking your post. I've never really had a problem with battery and I'm paranoid to upgrade, as my phone works perfect, but I do want to be able to delete photos from my photo stream! Which I can't do on 5.0.1!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

sherlock

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
I just saw this thread but I believe it is the weather app giving you grief. I recently installed it and noticed location also popping up every time I touch my phone along with a bit more battery drain. No real battery issues though so I didn't worry about it. But then I don't have the status icon enabled (not that that would make a difference).

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I'm going to agree that you look at the weather app, but mostly because it looks like you're using Lockinfo--after I installed that, I noticed that it seemed to be polling for my weather/location more frequently. I'm assuming it updates more frequently than the usual Notification Center weather plugin. I ended up disabling location services for my weather app and just use my default home zip code instead since I'm here almost every day anyway.

sherlock

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
I'm going to agree that you look at the weather app, but mostly because it looks like you're using Lockinfo--after I installed that, I noticed that it seemed to be polling for my weather/location more frequently. I'm assuming it updates more frequently than the usual Notification Center weather plugin. I ended up disabling location services for my weather app and just use my default home zip code instead since I'm here almost every day anyway.

What I did was hide the stock weather app and theme weatherbug instead of it. In it I have the zipcode set. Problem solved, well it wasn't really apronlem but it's solved anyhow. :)

Sent from an iPhone4s with Tapatalk

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Hey 3cit,

What font is that your using?

Sorry for hijacking your post. I've never really had a problem with battery and I'm paranoid to upgrade, as my phone works perfect, but I do want to be able to delete photos from my photo stream! Which I can't do on 5.0.1!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im using coming soon for bytafont.
You might also like comic hand...
I am a big fan of having the current weather and location, since it does change quite a bit from where I live and where unworn and go to school, and I didn't have this problem at all on 5.0.1 using locking and weather icon

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm
Wondering if I should downgrade lockinfo, because right now I'm
On the beta and it's
Misbehaving with bite 6.3 also....

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members