Absinthe 2.0 is out!!!

rich67

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
Yes this answered my question. I will try again tonight or tomorrow without wiping my device which is what has made this process so frustrating for me. Thanks a lot.

I feel your pain. I started wiping the device, but saw that it could take between 4 minutes and 4 hours to completely wipe it! Uhh...no. :eek: So I did the reset to interrupt it; it's not necessary at all. I'd say if you were going to sell the phone and wanted your data cleared, then by all means do the full reset and wipe. But just to jailbreak it? Waste of time and not necessary, IMO.

joe_fresh

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
One thing i noticed once JB on the cydia app on the changes tab there was a red 1, i hit changes and then upper right clicked update and then was able to reinstall my tweeks from before and also install winterboard. hope this helps with any cydia issues

wamadden4

May 10, 2011
Visit site
How I Got it to work

I restored my phone 3 times, once from backup once from new phone and again from an old backup from two days ago. It wasn't working on my MacBook because I dont have Internet on there and have to use my iPod touch with PDAnet to USB tether the Internet onto my MacBook. But of course cydia only allows 1 idevice connected at a time so I didn't have Internet running when I was running the jb and it would cause it to hang and I had to restore. So I installed the jb on my moms iMac which has Internet and ran it once and it worked just as posted on that YouTube video. Took like 10 mins. Couldn't get into cydia right away (not even download any packages) because it was being bombarded I am sure. But now cydia works and I think my phone is even faster. The jb isn't buggy at all.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
I jailbroke but then I restored back to stock. I like stock better :/

Yeah I think my jailbreak experiment is over for now.

sorry to hear that. i hope you guys understand that it is more of a "jailbreak is not for you" than something did not work. it takes some patience and tinkering, no way around it

hopefully you can give it a go some other time when it is not so crazy!

Buck1127

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Why won't it work? Restoring my phone AGAIN. I don't have time for this! Ugh!!!! I need my jailbreak!!!!

Had the same issue I had to restore from iTunes and setup as new then the jailbreak took fine. Just doing a reset all setting and set up as new didn't work.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR