SHSH in Cydia Server

1982ollie

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Hi Guys,

Have any of you come across this. In Cydia on my phone I have SHSH: IOS 4.3.5, 5.0.1, 5.1.
I've been previously jailboken on 4.3.5 and now 5.0.1, but NEVER on 5.1 or even had 5.1 on my phone.

Any ideas how an earth it got there. My understanding was that you had to be jailboken on that version of IOS for Cydia to capture you SHSH blob files. :confused::confused::confused:

It was there about 2-3 weeks after 5.1 had been released. Is this weird or am I missing something? :eek:

Thanks!!

joe_fresh

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
Not really sure, just looked at my cydia and it says the same thing and i am on 5.1.1. I am thinking that my case is in part of the jb

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Cydia and tiny umbrella save the blobs for all OS that can be currently signed, whether you're on it or not. So this is normal.

Beamed from a galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk!

joe_fresh

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
Ah that makes sense. My brother is on 5.0 and he had trouble at first then cydia updated and said 5.1 he questioned me and i could not answer him. will let him know right away.

1982ollie

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Cydia and tiny umbrella save the blobs for all OS that can be currently signed, whether you're on it or not. So this is normal.

But I have never jailbroken my phone on 5.1 or even updated?? :confused:

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Doesn't matter, as long as you were jailbroken when 5.1 was being signed. What is ON your device DOESN'T MATTER.

joe_fresh

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
Can anyone tell me if an internet connection is require on the computer when doing a tethered reboot? i could not find anything on it.

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Also on the shsh note, you can save your blobs even if your not jailbroken using tiny umbrella, correct???

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
If SHSH blobs are automatically saved, how can I access them if I'm not jail broken anymore?

Tinyumbrella works for both stock and jailbroken phones. You can also use redsn0w to verify the blobs saved on Cydia. Just plug in your phone, open redsn0w and go to extras--shsh--query to check which blobs cydia has for you.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Tinyumbrella works for both stock and jailbroken phones. You can also use redsn0w to verify the blobs saved on Cydia. Just plug in your phone, open redsn0w and go to extras--shsh--query to check which blobs cydia has for you.

I used absinthe for my 4S. Would i still connect it to redsn0w to check?

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
When redsn0w asks for the "ECID" of the device, exactly what is that?

Edit: Never mind. I found the ECID and when redsn0w checked Cydia for its blobs, it didn't find anything. I guess those 2 months I was jail broken it never automatically saved them.

Last edited:

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Okay. Hoping someone can walk me through this. I used TinyUmbrella and it did indeed find my blobs on Cydia. How do I restore the blob? With TU or redsn0w?

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Okay. Hoping someone can walk me through this. I used TinyUmbrella and it did indeed find my blobs on Cydia. How do I restore the blob? With TU or redsn0w?

First, what OS do you want to put on your iPhone 4s and what blobs are saved--they should be labeled for iOS 5.0.1, 5.0.1b etc)?

(Blobs are what makes your OS install valid. You don't restore to them. They're more like a PIN than anything.)

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
First, what OS do you want to put on your iPhone 4s and what blobs are saved--they should be labeled for iOS 5.0.1, 5.0.1b etc)?

(Blobs are what makes your OS install valid. You don't restore to them. They're more like a PIN than anything.)

Want to restore to 5.0.1b I have the IPSW on file now.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73