Create a deb

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Ive created about 25 themes for bite, using bites theming method, (not winterboard) but I don't know how to create the Debian file that will put the themes in the appropriate folder...
Any advice or links to a sure fire tutorial!!???
T. I. A.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
How does their method differ from using Winterboard? You might not need to create a deb unless you're going to submit these to Cydia. (That is, you might be able to load them manually, and share them as zip files.)

I ask because Winterboard themes are still packaged as debians in Cydia.

sherlock

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
Can't you still SSH the files and folder onto your phone, change permissions, run terminal and type: dpkg -b "your package foldername" anymore? Not sure maybe not anymore.

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
No no no, I can install them myself fine, and I could make them available for people and most people here could put it in the right folder... But I want to upload it it big boss, have people download it and enjoy...
Bite 3.1 is now themed but it's themed from the application end, and overwrites winterboard and has complete control over all aspects of messages including text font and color!

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Can't you still SSH the files and folder onto your phone, change permissions, run terminal and type: dpkg -b "your package foldername" anymore? Not sure maybe not anymore.

So if I put everything where it's supposed to be on phone, if I navigate to the appropriate folder and run that it will package it up with all the necessesaries??

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
The debian package is more than just the folders in a theme; it also needs to contain a control folder with information about the package (names, dependencies, etc.). Do you have that set up? If not, you'll need to get all that squared away. (Just Google "build debian package cydia" or something similar.)

Also: Windows, Mac, or other?

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Well I'm running windows 7 bit I also have v ware running Ubuntu.... No hackintosh... I am SLIGHTLY familiar with Linux however I've never actually built a Debian. I know the contents
Of it, I'm just not sure the proper setup.... Maybe my cydia dream are a little too big and I can just make the files available on here!!! For anyone using bite 3.1b1

Last edited:

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
3cit I just happened to come across this on cydia updates .net
It says it makes Debian creation easy. ;)
New: iDeb 1.0 (Utilities / $0.99): https://t.co/yLKaJ0CJ

Sent from my iPad2 using Tapatalk

Thanks sherlock! I saw the same thing last night and took a screen grab but never got around to posting it cuz I was hella busy at work!!!
I'm definitely gonna give it a try so everyone can enjoy my (multiple) star wars themed bite!!!

sherlock

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
Thanks sherlock! I saw the same thing last night and took a screen grab but never got around to posting it cuz I was hella busy at work!!!
I'm definitely gonna give it a try so everyone can enjoy my (multiple) star wars themed bite!!!

I hope it works out for you. I'm looking forward to the theme! Work is nuts for me as well, just couldn't sleep. :(

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Well if you are familiar with ifile, which I gather you are I can just post it here. I just want to
Make it available to the masses

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods