Dont we need a messenger?

macsethi

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
The BB guys have been flaunting their BBM for ages. Perhaps, it is time for Apple to come up with an answer. There have been rumors but I really wish to see some substantial development.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
BBM works only with Blackberrys. iMessage works only with iPhones, iPads, iPod Touches, and Macs using the iMessage beta. Seems iOS is already ahead of the game. Not sure what you would want.

Phil DeLong

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
BBM works only with Blackberrys. iMessage works only with iPhones, iPads, iPod Touches, and Macs using the iMessage beta. Seems iOS is already ahead of the game. Not sure what you would want.

No joke, I'd take iMessage over BBM any day. What does BBM have that iMessage doesn't? Contact pictures? Big deal.

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
The groups are a big part of it and being able to block people. Also being able to give out a set of digits and not your phone number or email address is a major benefit.

Motorbones

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Didn't use it when I had a BB way back when and I don't use iMessage now. Don't know that many people with iPads and these email and texting. Guess I just don't get it... Why should there be a limit on who you can communicate with?

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Maybe the whole anonymous texting (BBM number) is something younger people like. We old people either give our phone numbers to someone or we don't want to talk to them. Why bother blocking strangers?

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
It's not always about blocking strangers, sometimes the need arises for blocking people who contact you unnecessarily or incessantly. The fact is that having to completely dissociate an email address because someone won't stop contacting your iMessage ID is an oversight.

dublex

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
I agree. iMessage needs some major improvements. I have issues that I've never had with texting because of iMessage, mainly group chats, which right now, sucks on iMessage. Statuses and availability would also be a cool addition.

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I agree. iMessage needs some major improvements. I have issues that I've never had with texting because of iMessage, mainly group chats, which right now, sucks on iMessage. Statuses and availability would also be a cool addition.

Yes there are also random times when I can't iMessage an iPhone user's number but their email works fine.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I'll tell you one improvement iMessage needs. If someone blocks a certain number from texting them through their carrier, it should remain that way. Unless the person completely turns off iMessage, that blocked person can still text (iMessage) them if they're texting through an iPhone.

Sancho90

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
I'm sure iMessage will eventually have the social stature of BBM.

I love everything about iMessage, except for the lack of "groups". And by groups, I don't mean group messaging, although I do love that too. I do of course mean groups of the BBM variety.

The idea of a dedicated room to chat about a certain subject and share content about said subject, with a large group of people, just added a great deal of depth to the whole platform messaging thing.

I can guarantee iMessage will eventually go that route. And, when it does, I will welcome it with open thumbs.

Sent from Sancho's Brain
(iPhone 4S, Tapatalk)

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
It's not always about blocking strangers, sometimes the need arises for blocking people who contact you unnecessarily or incessantly. The fact is that having to completely dissociate an email address because someone won't stop contacting your iMessage ID is an oversight.

I agree, definitely.

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site

I love everything about iMessage, except for the lack of "groups". And by groups, I don't mean group messaging, although I do love that too. I do of course mean groups of the BBM variety.

The idea of a dedicated room to chat about a certain subject and share content about said subject, with a large group of people, just added a great deal of depth to the whole platform messaging thing.

I can guarantee iMessage will eventually go that route. And, when it does, I will welcome it with open thumbs.

Sent from Sancho's Brain
(iPhone 4S, Tapatalk)

We can only hope so! I sure miss those features and considering everyone has an iOS devices just like everyone had a BB, that would be great.

dublex

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site

Sent from Sancho's Brain
(iPhone 4S, Tapatalk)

thiiiissssssssss.