Has anyone stuck with 5.0.1?

edd

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
I have stuck with it on my 4S because I haven't had any problems. The updates I've read about aren't tempting enough for me to risk going to 5.1.

Also, I put a couple of desktop shortcut icons on there that I use daily and I'm worried about losing those with this update. Would that be the case?

Last edited:

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm jailbroken and still on iOS 5.0.1 with no plans to update at this point in time. Not sure what shortcuts you are referring to so I can't answer that one.

Sent from my iPad 4G using Tapatalk HD.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
If you're satisfied with your device as-is then leave it. My devices worked well with iOS 5.0.1 and still do with iOS 5.1. I didn't lose any of my settings during the upgrade ( I upgraded via OTA) and I did not lose my ability to add a webpage to my home screen.

Just Me, D
(Tapatalk - iPhone 4S)

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
i went to 5.1 due to horrible battery performance with 5.0.1, it fixed the problem

if you are referring to the settings shortcuts you are right, you will no longer be able to use them with 5.1. small price to pay, IMHO

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
i went to 5.1 due to horrible battery performance with 5.0.1, it fixed the problem

if you are referring to the settings shortcuts you are right, you will no longer be able to use them with 5.1. small price to pay, IMHO

BLiNK, didn't your new 4S come with iOS 5.1 preinstalled?

Sent from my iPad 4G using Tapatalk HD.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
:)i've also stuck with 5.0.1 because I know how good my battery life is and my 4S is functioning just fine. The update to 5.1 didn't have a lot of anything to interest me to feel I had to upgrade, so I'll keep my feet planted in the sand at 5.0.1 till I feel it's absolutely necessary to upgrade;):)

rich67

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm jailbroken, so going to 5.1 was not an option. I got too much cool stuff on 5.0.1 to give up simply to be able to delete pics from my photostream.

djg21

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I got Screwed with a bad Cydia package and had to upgrade to 5.1 to get out of an endless reboot cycle. I'm desperate for a new jailbreak or a downgrade back to 5.1. C'mon DevTeam. Please?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
BLiNK, didn't your new 4S come with iOS 5.1 preinstalled?

nope 5.0.1, but i decided that battery performance was more of a priority than anything jailbreaking had to offer

now, if we can just get an untethered A5 jailbreak i should have the best of both worlds :)

edd

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site

I am referring to the settings, yes. Specifically, I have "network" and "wifi" shortcut icons. You're probably right in that it's no big deal but I use the hell out of those. Also, unlike yourself, I'm not having battery issues so I don't have much to gain.

OTOH, this is my first smartphone so I'm probably clueless about what good iPhone battery life looks like but I'd have to be using it really heavy to get less than a day out of a charge.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
I am referring to the settings, yes. Specifically, I have "network" and "wifi" shortcut icons. You're probably right in that it's no big deal but I use the hell out of those. Also, unlike yourself, I'm not having battery issues so I don't have much to gain.

OTOH, this is my first smartphone so I'm probably clueless about what good iPhone battery life looks like but I'd have to be using it really heavy to get less than a day out of a charge.

i hate to say it but it's going to happen "whenever" you decide to update (tomorrow, next week--next year!) Apple always ruins the fun :) of course jailbreaking will give you better options of what you're doing now, even with a simple swipe or gesture if you wish!

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm jailbroken so I'm still on 5.0.1, I don't see the reason to update though. Lol my battery has been fine. What was the other update purpose?

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Only thing that tempted me on 5.1 was the lockscreen camera access?which I now have on 5.0.1 with Camera Grabber! No updating for me until a jb is out.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Only thing that tempted me on 5.1 was the lockscreen camera access?which I now have on 5.0.1 with Camera Grabber! No updating for me until a jb is out.

I use "FullLockCamera". It keeps the Camera icon on the lock screen and it enables all of the features of the regular Camera app that the stock app doesn't from the lock screen.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I use "FullLockCamera". It keeps the Camera icon on the lock screen and it enables all of the features of the regular Camera app that the stock app doesn't from the lock screen.

I used that for a bit, but find this cleaner and quicker, and just more FUN to use. It does also keep the icon onscreen all the time. But it doesn't provide the sharing options, true. I don't mind unlocking for that though...

djg21

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
It was the install of CameraGrabber that F'ed my iPhone and resulted in me having to upgrade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73