Dupicate Birthdays Calendar

anon(157335)

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
Hi all,

I'm not sure exactly when this happened, but suddenly I have two Birthdays calendars on my iP4. I'm running iOS 5.1.

I did some searching online but what I found seemed to apply to people who created an iCal calendar for birthdays manually and then iOS created a calendar from the address book entries. I haven't done that, I've been using the built-in Birthdays calendar since I got my iP4.

When I deselect one of the calendars the Birthdays still appear, and when they are both selected I don't see any birthday duplicates on my calendar, so I think one of them contains no data. I do sync with iCloud if that makes a difference.

It's not a huge deal, but I'd like to delete one of the Birthdays calendars if possible and I can't figure out a way to do it. Any suggestions?

anon(157335)

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
In case the screenshot didn't upload properly:

43a75ccd-aa4c-fcc8.jpg

anon(157335)

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
Sorry for bumping this, but still looking for some help.

In a new twist I noticed this morning that most, but not all, of my contacts' birthdays are duplicated in my calendar when both birthday calendars are selected to be displayed.

Last edited:

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site

In a new twist I noticed this morning that most, but not all, of my contacts' birthdays are duplicated in my calendar when both birthday calendars are selected to be displayed.

My guess is that you have to deselect one of the calendars through iTunes. I use Birthday Pro(free), and it pulls the birthdays from my contacts list. Worked on my iPhone, and still works now on my Vivid.:)

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site

It could be created by/populated by FaceBook...

anon(157335)

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
Nope, never did. I considered wiping my phone and starting over, but everything else is working fine so decided not to bother. I wouldn't turn down an easy fix, however.

Bonding for Today

Nov 6, 2015
Visit site
I was able to finally get rid of the duplicate Birthday calendars the following way.

1. Turn off all calendars on your iOS device in Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars
2. Create a complete backup of your iOS device on your computer with iTunes.
3. Make a copy of the backup folder
4. Download and install iBackupbot on your computer
5. Delete the Calendar folder and all Calendar items out of the backup as shown in the screenshots.
Screen1.pngScreen2.png
6. Reset your iOS device and use the edited backup to restore it.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner