Using a Jailbroken iPhone 4 backup on a new iPhone 4s

mkk255

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys I am getting the iPhone 4s later today and I'm wondering if there would be any problems if I tried backing up my iPhone 4 backup to the new iPhone 4s?

My iPhone 4 backup is jailbroken and it is on iOS 5.0.1. Later today when I get the 4s will I be able to easily use the iPhone 4 backup on the 4s?

I don't know much about updating the iOS on jailbroken devices but I heard that you can no longer use a back up that has iOS 5.0.1 anymore since 5.1 is on iTunes already. Is this accurate? Will I not be able to use my iPhone 4 backup on my 4s because of the update yesterday?

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
i believe you should be able to use your backup on your new device. typically moving forward there are no issues, it's moving back there might be problems. not sure how it's going to work with the 4S (A5) but typically you can go back & forth from the new OS and previous OS until Apple stops signing the previous one. which is just a few days, if that

keep in mind, the way i understand it with the 4S (A5), because there currently is no way to save SHSH blobs effectively you cannot restore using 5.0.1 . so this means if something goes wrong with your jailbreak, and you have to restore, you have no choice but to update to the latest OS. which currently and or soon will be 5.1. currently there is no jailbreak for 5.1, Untethered or Tethered

anyone, please correct me if i am missing something or wrong

jaybree

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
You should be able to use your regular apple backup on any other iDevice. The regular backup includes the contacts, calendars, messages, settings,etc.

Think of the jailbreak as a separate process. It also has a backup method to save your packages. AptBackup on Cydia.

So, yes. You can use your regular backup on the 4S. But, if your 4S isn't jailbroken you can't use AptBackup (given you've backed up your iPhone 4 beforehand using this).

Also, let's just hope your 4S didn't come with 5.1. I'm guessing it is still 5.0.1. in that case, you can still use Absinthe to jailbreak it smoothly.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73