iOS 5.1 features

Shooter03

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Ok so when 5.1 is disclosed I wanna know every little thing that is new and awesome about it. I might not read or hear everything so feel free to post anything you hear or see once the keynotes over.

Magically transferred through space and time to the internut on my LifeProof'd iPhone using Tapatalk.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
whatever "they" are it better be next to amazing. months of beta testing and private testing seems a little ridiculous for minor improvements

mlg321

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
"Camera shortcut now always visible on Lock Screen for iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS and iPod touch (4th generation)
Camera face detection now highlights all detected faces
Redesigned Camera app for iPad
Genius Mixes and Genius playlists for iTunes Match subscribers
Audio for TV programs and films on iPad optimized to sound louder and clearer
Podcast controls for playback speed and a 30-second rewind for iPad
Addresses bugs affecting battery life
Fixes an issue that occasionally caused audio to drop for outgoing calls"

Via AppAdvice

Motorbones

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Too bad I didn't learn Japanese the two years I lived in Japan, cause now I'd be able to talk to Siri in Japanese...

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Photo stream delete only deletes per device ? Not removing it from all devices

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

I actually like it that way. It can be a Blessing to know that you have a backup available on another device if you accidentally delete on the one you're currently using.

Just Me, D
Tapatalk (iPad 2)

Shooter03

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
What about this 4g for iPhone 4s's now??

Magically transferred through space and time to the internut on my LifeProof'd iPhone using Tapatalk.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
First thing I notice is the very detailed list of what they did in this update. So are updates that just say "bug fixes" out the door with numbers on the products now too?

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
the genius playlist is back... finally!! actually used this a lot...

camera always on lock screen is a nice touch... remains to be seen if battery life (already not bad) improves...

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
glad too that the audio got fixed when using ipad to stream to apple tv... kinda sucked before

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
i do wish that someday the iphone will support full landscape, even when on homescreen... much like the ipad always has done...

gwhelan

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site

Pictures will remove from all devices if the pictures was taken after you installed IOS 5.1. Previous pictures taken before installing IOS 5.1 will only delete per the device they are on.

doublebullout

May 2, 2010
Visit site
whatever "they" are it better be next to amazing. months of beta testing and private testing seems a little ridiculous for minor improvements

I suspect that the time required for beta was due to the battery life fixes. It takes a lot of data to quantitatively measure the amount of improvement.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

leharris22

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I suspect that the time required for beta was due to the battery life fixes. It takes a lot of data to quantitatively measure the amount of improvement.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That's so true. And as soon as an update is released, everyone is commenting on battery life. When, in reality, this can truly be perceived right away.

Phil DeLong

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
What about this 4g for iPhone 4s's now??

That's just AT&T trying to pull the wool over your eyes. A software update cannot magically make your phone go from 4G to 3G. It's still just running on HSPA+, which is still technically 3G AT&T just likes to label it as 4G.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
That's just AT&T trying to pull the wool over your eyes. A software update cannot magically make your phone go from 4G to 3G. It's still just running on HSPA+, which is still technically 3G AT&T just likes to label it as 4G.

good to see they did not have you fooled!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR