Available ram after jailbreak 50-80?

CH1N087

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys. Jailbroke my iPhone 4 and installed sbsettings, barrel and the basic stuff that comes with cydia. I checked the setting to have the available ram show up next to the time in the status bar. It's constant at 50-80MB's until I kill all the apps and it goes back up to 200+. Is this normal? It just seems like there shouldn't be that much memory being taken up. Feedback?

Allyson Kazmucha

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
Hey guys. Jailbroke my iPhone 4 and installed sbsettings, barrel and the basic stuff that comes with cydia. I checked the setting to have the available ram show up next to the time in the status bar. It's constant at 50-80MB's until I kill all the apps and it goes back up to 200+. Is this normal? It just seems like there shouldn't be that much memory being taken up. Feedback?

Yeah mine was like that too. Probably happens stock too, you just don't notice because Apple doesn't natively let you accurately monitor it ;)

Reactions: CH1N087

j7469

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
My iPhone typically goes down to 50mb all the time. Unless I have way too many apps open I never even notice. When I first installed SBSettings I obsessed checking RAM but after time I just learned to let the OS do it's thing. For me Tweetbot is the largest memory hog so I kill it and open back up. Also respringing brings memory back up so try that every once and a while.

In other words, I wouldn't sweet it. The OS is great at managing memory.

Reactions: CH1N087

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2