How do I disable auto rotation?

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Yes. Double click your home button then swipe left. You'll see a box with a half circle and lock-click that to turn auto rotation on or off.

ransonju

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
This doesn't work for me. If I double click (and get to the app switcher) and swipe I get all my recently used apps swiping left and the music controls if I swipe right. Any suggestions?

lornaevo

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
This doesn't work for me. If I double click (and get to the app switcher) and swipe I get all my recently used apps swiping left and the music controls if I swipe right. Any suggestions?

When you swipe left and you see the music controls. The semi circle icon all the way to the left is to disable rotation.

Arelunde

May 17, 2011
Visit site
On my iPhone, the icon is actually an arrow, curled to nearly a full circle within a typical square box - all gray colors.

Maria Yazeji

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
on ipad 3 there is a special button for that, it's located above the volume buttons on the upper right side of the ipad. it lock and unlock the auto rotation.
and on iphone 4 & 4s u have to click the home button twice then go left till u find on the very left side a touch button to lock and unlock the auto screen rotation.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I know how we used to disable auto rotation but double clicking home does something different now.

Double clicking the Home button performs the same function.

To close running apps:

1. Double tap the home button.
2. Grab the card that represents the app.
3. Slide/flick it upwards.

Note: you can now close the "active" app, as well as others in the list.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
what if the bottom of your screen doesn't work and it is still on auto rotation?? please help
:(:(:(

You can access the control center from Assistive Touch in Settings. I use it all the time.
10c7a1ee0775fd7fcc2f4844f8fb80d0.jpg

Some cases prevent swiping the control center up. I had issues with it on my iPhone 5. The Otterbox Defender made it difficult.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro