Why so much Winterboard hate?

tyler_zyco

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
I don't understand what is wrong with Winterboard. Maybe its just that I don't notice any RAM drain or battery drain on the iPhone 4S?

Oliverg109

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
I don't hate it, but I think that was the cause of my battery draining like there is no tomorrow. Now that I don't have it installed on my phone I get 13hrs usage :)

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I watch my ram when I relating and I start at 270 then drop all the way to 215ish before I ever unlock te phone.... I'm sure it's winterboard, but to me the theme is worth it...

tyler_zyco

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
I guess I just don't use a lot of theming that would kill mem and battery..

I have themes but I rarely enable them. All I have is "Neurotech Siri", "Transparent Dock" and "Signal icons" enabled, but no complete theme.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Winterboard used to be much, much worse on older iPhones, and could really slow things down. I think a lot of people still have that in their minds. Of course, it still uses memory, but it's rarely doing so much that it's going to be really noticeable--unless you're using it to run a million different themes, some of them probably covering the same areas, some poorly coded or not updated for the latest firmware, some with unnecessarily large graphics, etc.

In other words, if things are getting bogged down, it's probably not Winterboard, but what you're having Winterboard run. It's similar to hearing people complain that jailbreaking slows down their phone, only to find out they have 863 tweaks and 56 themes all running at once.