Please help!! iPhone 4 stuck on Apple logo

GsxRz

Feb 13, 2012
Visit site
So I've been searching everywhere for some kind of guidance or advice about my recent problems with my iPhone 4, with no success. I'm hoping someone here will be able to help me out, here's the breakdown...

I jailbroke my 32gb iPhone 4 untethered running iOS 5.0.1, using redsn0w 0.9.10b5. After installing Cydia I began adding a few repos, and all of my paid (not cracked) tweaks. Here's where things go bad...

The tweaks I try running are IntelleScreenX, ColorKeyboard, Favorite Contacts for Notification Center, PhotoAlbums+, NCQuickDissmiss, ClearLockNotifications, and Copic. I never had any problems with my device while running these tweaks until a couple weeks ago when I tried installing ColorBanner, this was a cracked version I wanted to check out before buying.

I can install the above tweaks with no problems, minus the ColorBanner, as I didn't buy it and thought it caused all my problems in the first place. Once Cydia apps are installed the device resprings without any issue. My problem occurs any and almost every time the device needs to be rebooted, or is powered off. After the device is powered off or rebooted, it freezes on the Apple logo.

In my troubleshooting efforts I have tried to reboot using redsn0w, but once the "matrix code" appears it also freezes saying there was an error and it's giving up. I then have to reset holding the power and home buttons to enter recovery mode and connect to iTunes and do a restore. After restoring from a backup I tried jailbreaking again and installing my paid tweaks with the same results above. I thought maybe there is an issue with a corrupt file or something in my backup, so I restored the phone as a new device without using any backup, performed the jailbreak, and installed Cydia apps. Once again when I powered the device off and tried to turn it back on, it froze at the Apple logo.

This has been occurring every time I jailbreak this phone, and it's getting to the point where I don't want to do it anymore for the hassle of what may happen if it reboots or the battery drains again. Anyone with any ideas please help, and thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Not sure if you read the description of Copic before installing it:

Copic has some serious conflicts with RetinaPad and PhotoAlbums+. Installing these tweaks along with Copic and restarting your iDevice might need a complete restore.

Looks like you might need to make a choice between Copic and PhotoAlbums+

Reactions: GsxRz

GsxRz

Feb 13, 2012
Visit site
It's usually the oblivious answer that eludes us...

Not sure if you read the description of Copic before installing it:

Copic has some serious conflicts with RetinaPad and PhotoAlbums+. Installing these tweaks along with Copic and restarting your iDevice might need a complete restore.

Looks like you might need to make a choice between Copic and PhotoAlbums+

Guess I'm done with that one, thanks for so eloquently stating the oblivious for me ;) and not calling me out for getting bit by the snake that was right in front of me hahaha!

Wow do I feel like an idiot I totally missed that, and the funniest thing is I never had problems before, I've reset and done everything but it wasn't until I started messing with ColorBanner that this started so I just knew that it had to be that or something else!

Much appreciated Massie, much appreciated!!!

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
No worries. Copic has actually had a bunch of other conflict reports, so as soon as I saw that I figured it was the likely culprit. Good luck!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner