Corona???

1982ollie

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Hi Guys,

I'm going to be jailbreaking my phone with the latest version of Redsnow after I upgrade to 5.0.1.

I've jailbroken a few phones on 5.0.1 with redsnow, however never installed Corona.

Do I need to install Corona? What is Corona?

Thanks

1982ollie

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Hi Guys,

I'm going to be jailbreaking my phone with the latest version of Redsnow after I upgrade to 5.0.1.

I've jailbroken a few phones on 5.0.1 with redsnow, however never installed Corona.

Do I need to install Corona? What is Corona?

Thanks

Are, I think I have worked it out. I believe it is a Untether patch. I've only used the Redsnow untether jailbreak. So this must of been for an early tethered jailbreak?

Please anyone correct me if I'm wrong? ;)

Handlebars

Sep 1, 2009
Visit site
You are right its if you had a tethered jb you just need corona to make it untethered. Instead of rejailbreaking your phone.

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
EVERYONE should go into cydia and install the corona package REGARDLESS of how you performed the jailbreak... Even if you started with one of the untethered jailbreaks like absynthe...
Because...
No matter how you jailbroke you are using the corona package, and as such you should update it whenever the devs release an update... So you want it to show in cydia.
Chances are if you jailbroke after the untethered was released corona isn't showing as an installed package in cydia, and you will have to pay close attention to the community to know wether or not updates are available, such as the iBooks fix...

Reactions: BreakingKayfabe

1982ollie

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
EVERYONE should go into cydia and install the corona package REGARDLESS of how you performed the jailbreak... Even if you started with one of the untethered jailbreaks like absynthe...
Because...
No matter how you jailbroke you are using the corona package, and as such you should update it whenever the devs release an update... So you want it to show in cydia.
Chances are if you jailbroke after the untethered was released corona isn't showing as an installed package in cydia, and you will have to pay close attention to the community to know wether or not updates are available, such as the iBooks fix...

I'll be Jailbreaking with the latest version of Redsnow. I've done a few of my friends with this. Do you recommend I still install it.

Many Thanks

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I'll be Jailbreaking with the latest version of Redsnow. I've done a few of my friends with this. Do you recommend I still install it.

Many Thanks

Absolutely.
It is installed technically, it just doesn't show in cydia until you manually install...

Reactions: 1982ollie

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Another option: just change the Package Settings for Corona in Cydia. That way it will show you if a new version is released even if you don't install it via Cydia. It's also a very handy way of keeping up with apps or tweaks that you're interested in but don't have installed. (For instance, I used to use Lockinfo all the time but now use ISX. This setting lets me keep up with the changes to Lockinfo without having it installed on my device.)

More info here: “Change Package Settings” – An Overlooked Feature in Cydia

Last edited:
Reactions: 3cit

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods