Interesting...ads in Camera Roll?

andrewshah

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
So I noticed something a little strange in my Camera Roll this morning. An ad sitting at the bottom of the screen! I have never seen or heard anything like this before. I am jailbroken. Has this happened to anyone else?

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
You jailbreak your device or add and camera app? Those are the only possible causes of that. Impossible to have ads in Apples built in photo app.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
And that image tells me it's not the normal app. You are missing the option for "faces" on the bottom menu bar.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I don't have Faces either...I think it's probably an iPhoto thing? Anyway, other jb users have reported this behavior as well; I think closing you backgrounded apps cleared the issue but don't remember exactly.

See this thread: http://forums.imore.com/iphone-4s-forum/229092-stock-photo-app-has-ads.html

Last edited:

joe_fresh

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
My wife downloaded some photo editor on her device and now has ads in her camera roll... i had her uninstall the app and hard reset they were gone... so i told her if she wants that app to deal with the ads,

scott11

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
i noticed the same issue in the last few days. Think i determined that it came from the JB app "dater"

Last edited:

andrewshah

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
i noticed the same issue in the last few days. Think i determined that it came from the JB app "dater"

For me, it turned out to be a tweak.
I forgot what it was called, but the tweak allowed you to select as many photos as you wanted, and would show you the size of those photos on the top bar. Once I uninstalled that, the ads stopped showing up.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox