Managing "Sent" emails on the iPhone...viewing sent and received emails in one window

NegroNapoleon

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
On my BlackBerry, one thing I liked was that I could view the emails I sent along side messages I recieved so that I could keep up with the contents of the conversion, even in threaded conversations (which I have enabled on the iphone)

However, even threaded conversations in the iphone only show the INBOX, not the replies.

I have my email set up through exchange and am having no problem with Push but it seems nonsensical that if I want to say delete an entire convo that when I delete the Inbox message thread that I still have the "sent" reply still in there under the "sent" folder.

Why can't I view both my sent and received in one window?

I'm anal about checking my email and organizing it, so it stands that I want an efficient way of deleting it too.

Any suggestions?

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
On my BlackBerry, one thing I liked was that I could view the emails I sent along side messages I recieved so that I could keep up with the contents of the conversion, even in threaded conversations (which I have enabled on the iphone)

However, even threaded conversations in the iphone only show the INBOX, not the replies.

I have my email set up through exchange and am having no problem with Push but it seems nonsensical that if I want to say delete an entire convo that when I delete the Inbox message thread that I still have the "sent" reply still in there under the "sent" folder.

Why can't I view both my sent and received in one window?

I'm anal about checking my email and organizing it, so it stands that I want an efficient way of deleting it too.

Any suggestions?

Until a decent mail app replacement comes along I'm afraid you are stuck. Unless you use Gmail and use the poor Gmail app. Sparrow is supposed to be coming to iOS as well, that may be an option.

NegroNapoleon

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
Until a decent mail app replacement comes along I'm afraid you are stuck. Unless you use Gmail and use the poor Gmail app. Sparrow is supposed to be coming to iOS as well, that may be an option.

Thanks for the reply.

I was wondering if anyone else had felt a similar way about the mail experience.

Knurpsi

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the reply.

I was wondering if anyone else had felt a similar way about the mail experience.

I certainly do. I liked the threaded conversation in Blackberry a lot.
My brother has the habit to almost take a week to answer my email, due to his busy schedule. So a lot of times, I don't really remember the exact content of what I wrote to him. So threaded emails would be nice. :)
But like it's been said before: until there's no email app that supports it, we'll have to live with it. ;)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro