No Dock Labels on iOS 5?

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Can anyone recommend a tweak or theme that will hide the dock icons (and only the dock icons) on iOS 5? I tried No Dock Labels but it didn't do anything. I'm also familiar with the way to do it manually but would prefer a tweak/theme I can turn on or off.

Thanks!

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Ah, of course. I've been putting off trying this, but maybe now is the time.

EDIT: Well, I bought it and enabled that single setting and it put my phone into a Safe Mode loop. Guess I need to rethink that idea. (I forgot it conflicts with Overflow, and the whole reason I wanted to hide the labels was to use Overflow.)

Last edited:

rosenstar

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
Ah, of course. I've been putting off trying this, but maybe now is the time.

EDIT: Well, I bought it and enabled that single setting and it put my phone into a Safe Mode loop. Guess I need to rethink that idea. (I forgot it conflicts with Overflow, and the whole reason I wanted to hide the labels was to use Overflow.)

You can use springtomize to get a coverflow look. I have not heard anything about infinidock conflicting with springtomize?

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, that's what I ended up doing...I prefer the look of Overflow for the cover flow effect, but that's where the conflict is happening (Infinidock and Springtomize do work fine together though) so for now I'll live with the Springtomize version. Worth the trade off!

Reactions: 3cit

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Download "no docked icon labels 4.2.1" from cydia, apply from winterboard and respring.

Beamed from a galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk!

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Thanks, but since I've already purchased Springtomize I'll probably just use that. Good to know just in case though!
Edit: Actually, I take that back...noticed a small graphical glitch with S2 that was leaving a vertical shading on the far right icon. Back to Overflow and the theme you recommended works wonderfully. Thanks!

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen