Help!! Dead iPhone

Icyhot1966

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
My wife's Verizon iPhone 4 is JB'n using Redsn0w. It is on iOS 5.01. Used it to make a call about 8:15am then went to bed. Got up at noon, it won't power on. Connected it to a charger for about 45 mins to ensure it wasn't dead. Tried holding the sleep/wake button and home button at the same time for about a minute. Nothing. Plugged it into iTunes. Nothing. WTF do you think happened?? Any expert advice is greatly welcomed. Thanks!

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
unfortunately it is too easy to blame the jailbreak for this but i guess there is a possibility it could be a hardware issue. now if you set up a genius appt. and they do diagnostics what will happen then? i always wondered about this exact situation

i assume it is still under warranty?

Icyhot1966

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
It is still under warranty. I was wondering if Verizon will just swap it out for another one. Or if they would refer me to Apple. I do not live anywhere near an Apple store. And I don't think the Verizon stores carry anymore 16GB iPhone 4's.

Also, since the phone won't power on, how would you suggest trying to put it in DFU mode??

Icyhot1966

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
I am going to. Just got off phone with Verizon. They are gonna overnight me another one then I send this one back. I hope they can't get it to come on and never find out it was JB'n lol

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
It is still under warranty. I was wondering if Verizon will just swap it out for another one. Or if they would refer me to Apple. I do not live anywhere near an Apple store. And I don't think the Verizon stores carry anymore 16GB iPhone 4's.

Also, since the phone won't power on, how would you suggest trying to put it in DFU mode??

If you go into a Verizon store, you'll either get a "Certified, Like New Replacement" in the store right away, or shipped to you. You might be better of calling Verizon support from another phone obviously - and see if you can get them to expedite shipping on the replacement.

Icyhot1966

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
They said I would never find an iPhone 4 16GB in the store as it has been discontinued. So they are over nighting me one.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site

just follow the exact same process of putting your device into DFU mode. when i had my 3G it had the same thing happen as your describing and i attempted to put it into DFU mode and brought it back to "life" (recovery mode). not saying it will for you but it's worth a shot

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73