Bite SMS vs Messages+

pilotnh

Aug 6, 2009
Visit site
Bump. I have the same question. Two features of Bite I don't see in M+ are the ability to schedule to send and pics displayed.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Bite has a LOT more features?you can call, FaceTime, and Skype people from quick compose, it has a favorites list, templates, schedules, etc. M+ has quick compose/reply.

Still, I switched from bite to m+ when I started using intelliscreenx ?to me the UI is much nicer than bite, which doesn't really blend in with the iOS look. I don't miss the extra features, but to each his own.

NickB2005

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I also love Bite...I have tried messages+ and after using bite for so long I just can't seem to leave it. The features are great, I have never really had an issue and the one issue I did have was fixed within an hour (might've been user error)

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Question for the "lifers"...in what ways are you using it besides for the QC/QR feature? I used Bite for years and thought I'd never switch, but something changed for me with iOS 5.

One thing that always bugged me about Bite was that you couldn't add a photo using Quick Compose--you had to unlock your phone and open the app to do it--but I see that the latest update is finally adding that feature, and I'm finding myself curious about Bite again...not sure it's enough to make me switch back, but I thought you all might have some other ideas.

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Question for the "lifers"...in what ways are you using it besides for the QC/QR feature? I used Bite for years and thought I'd never switch, but something changed for me with iOS 5.

One thing that always bugged me about Bite was that you couldn't add a photo using Quick Compose--you had to unlock your phone and open the app to do it--but I see that the latest update is finally adding that feature, and I'm finding myself curious about Bite again...not sure it's enough to make me switch back, but I thought you all might have some other ideas.

I like that is has a timestamp for every message, the contact pics to be in the list, and convo, and the feature to schedule a message to be sent ( I use it for peoples birthday's so I don't forget). But the thing that makes me like it the most is the quick compose, and quick reply. Overall I really love bitesms. Even if I didn't use stuff like Lockinfo, and others, I would still jailbreak just for this app.

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site

i love the "anywhere" feature, and qc/qr and the integration of textfreek... plus the templates feature... i send the same text quite frequently.... so templates is good for me... plus it had GREAT customization for what you end up seeing and where you see it...
if you have a license, id say go back to it, install the beta repo and get on 6.2.3, because its near perfect.... also if you dont like the look, theming can be done via winterboard...(even though people dont seem to think it can)....

pilotnh

Aug 6, 2009
Visit site
i love the "anywhere" feature, and qc/qr and the integration of textfreek... plus the templates feature... i send the same text quite frequently.... so templates is good for me... plus it had GREAT customization for what you end up seeing and where you see it...
if you have a license, id say go back to it, install the beta repo and get on 6.2.3, because its near perfect.... also if you dont like the look, theming can be done via winterboard...(even though people dont seem to think it can)....
What's the name of the beta repo?

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
The beta repo is just http://cydia.bitesms.com (though it used to be http://test-cydia.bitesms.com; I still have both in my sources but the second one is now empty).

Thanks for the suggestions, all. I actually reinstalled Bite for a bit tonight but in very short order it was giving me random resprings to Safe Mode and double notifications. I'm fairly sure it's not really Bite's fault--most likely it was a conflict with one of my other tweaks that deals with alerts--but for me (who really only needs the QC/QR feature) it's not worth the hassle of chasing down the conflict.

I'm sure I'll keep an eye on it (especially the update that is due out later today) but unless something drastic changes in my setup I think my days as a Bite user are over. Great app, though, and something all jailbreakers should at least try!