HELP! iPhone stuck after "Erase all content and settings."

juha1

May 13, 2013
Visit site
So, this is the situation: I have jailbroke Iphone 4 iOS 6.1.3. Since I've noticed that many things crash after phone is turned off I decided to ''erase all content and settings'' in order to unjailbreak phone (iTunes restore didn't work) ..Since then, for about two hours, my iPhone has that little circle which is keep going round and nothing else is happening. I've read that this option cannot be used on jailbroken phone which make no sense to me, but what is the next step to have my phone back? It's pretty urgent so please give me advice. Which is the option if holding home and power button make no difference? Thanks.

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
juha =/ Please take the time to research things before making the plunge in the future?

You're experiencing problems after power cycles because it's not an untethered jailbreak. You need to boot back up with redsn0w after a power cycle to get it to work correctly.

Jailbreaking makes changes to your operating system. Those changes don't play nicely with the erase all content and settings button.

Holding the home and power shouldn't make a difference.

Your best bet is to enter DFU again. If you need help, start the jailbreak process with redsn0w. When it tells you that it detects the phone in DFU and moves on, close it out.

After your phone is in DFU, open iTunes and it should tell you that it detects a phone in recovery mode. When it asks if you'd like to restore, say yes.

juha1

May 13, 2013
Visit site
Iphone works now. Thank you for that. The thing is that I jailbroke my first Iphone without any problems (i suppose that in that moment I picked unthetered and this time I made a mistake :D ) iOS 6.1.3 is confusing me, mine was 5.1.1.
So, is unthetered version jailbreak for this iOS out? If you know what I mean..and just in case, what is the solution to unjailbreak it totally, without iTunes and erasing all content? Because of this error keep popping out in iTunes? I was sure that i know iOS very well :/

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
There likely will not be an untethered jailbreak for 6.1.3. Unfortunately, doing so would require at least one new exploit. If they find one, they'd like to hold onto it hoping ios7 doesn't fix it.

You can try to restore in DFU mode on iTunes to remove the jailbreak. If that doesn't work, I'd be willing to wager Cydia has your SHSH blobs for 5.1.1. You could download the IPSW for 5.1.1 for your device(GSM or CDMA matters) and use redsn0w to restore to that instead. If there's a software conflict fighting with iTunes, that would eliminate it and allow you to restore cleanly to 6.1.3.

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Well if its stuck on the circle loading screen if you don't want to lose your jailbreak. You have to do a hard reset by holding down the power and home button until it turns off. Keep holding until you see the apple logo and let both button go then hold just the vol down button until your lock screen shows up :) I was scared to lose my jailbreak, but I fix the problem.

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys well I can help out with that problem by experience. First thing if you are stuck on that circle loading screen because you are trying to reset all setting. Well hold down the power and home button, until the apple logo shows (Note: don't do DFU mode not if you wanna lose your jailbreak) then hold down the vol down button until your phone lock screen shows up. That cancel the resetting of the phone and you don't lose your data.

brady80

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Download tinyumbrella(search on google for links) once downloaded open tiny umbrella and select the button at the top that say "exit recovery" (make sure your iphone is in recovery mode NOT DFU)

juha1

May 13, 2013
Visit site
So, FINALLY after three days of trying, I managed to fix my phone. I downgrouded iOS to 5.1.1 with redsnow and then updated it to 6.1.3. with Itunes when jailbreak was removed. This is the lection for jailbreaking in future :) thnx a lot !

Ram Tantiado

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
GOOD DAY!!

I have my ipod touch 4th generation yesterday and it was jailbroken. I reset the setting before and set up my new apple I.D awhile ago i restore the ipod touch and it "ON" but i cannot update any application so i started to press erase system content and reset settings. Now it is almost 30 minutes stuck with a circle revolving in the center. I cannot press the lock button along with home button as what you've said because my lock button for turning on and off is crashed and broken. How can i fix this? please help me guys over here

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
GOOD DAY!!

I have my ipod touch 4th generation yesterday and it was jailbroken. I reset the setting before and set up my new apple I.D awhile ago i restore the ipod touch and it "ON" but i cannot update any application so i started to press erase system content and reset settings. Now it is almost 30 minutes stuck with a circle revolving in the center. I cannot press the lock button along with home button as what you've said because my lock button for turning on and off is crashed and broken. How can i fix this? please help me guys over here

Restore. You can then try to rejailbreak using redsn0w. You cannot erase all contents and settings on a jail broken phone. This is what happens.

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
after "Erase all content and settings." now 28 hours did not work it normaly

That is because you can never hit that button on a jailbroken phone. Ever. Try holding down the home and power buttons until you see the apple logo. Sometimes that will fix it. If not, you're probably going to need a restore.

Nyan_Cat100

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
ResetAllKiller will disable the Reset and Erase All buttons so this can't happen on a JB device. Free in Cydia.

Thank you I was about to ask if there was a Cydia tweak that disables that function

Sent from my Jailbroken iPhone 3GS with iMore Forums App!!

lanegoodson

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
I did the same thing with my jailbroken iphone 4, but I cant do the power button home button trick due to my power button being broken. Can someone please tell me what I can do?

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73