Now that Jailbreak for 4S is out.....

Boobie12

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
I did, and am very happy I did. I'm loving bitesms, and the blurry notification background. Loving this phone even more now.

TheUI

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
I have rooted and flashed ROM's on 15+ various Android devices. I'm two weeks old on the iPhone 4s. Are there any "must have" reasons to jailbreak, because to be honest I tweaked a lot of Android handsets just to get them running smoothly but that is definitely not a problem with the 4s.

evoKY

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
I did it just for the sake of doing it. It wasn't as satisfying as the good ol days of flashing ROMs and kernels on the EVO. I'll probably go back to stock when iOS 5.1 is out.

Reactions: TheUI

NVNJ

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I rooted my EVO 4G because I feel that I needed to. For some reason I don't ave the same feeling with my iPhone. That, or maybe I'm just not board of the way it looks yet.

NVNJ

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I have rooted and flashed ROM's on 15+ various Android devices. I'm two weeks old on the iPhone 4s. Are there any "must have" reasons to jailbreak, because to be honest I tweaked a lot of Android handsets just to get them running smoothly but that is definitely not a problem with the 4s.

Agree friend.

Oliverg109

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
were you able to recover them? I lost all my pics also

No I never got a chances to recover them. What I ended up doing was restoring from the last backup and then saved the pictures, but i ended up restoring my phone and started fresh and I can say that my battery is awesome now ! It has lasted me a whole day and some more.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Another thing I have noticed is that all my pictures are gone. Does any one know how to restore them with out having to restore from back up?

I had to restore from backup. All my pics were gone when I couldn't get the redsn0w method to work.
I gave up when it wouldn't reboot at the last step. I restored my backup which I had just backed up
prior. All my pics were back.

derk

Jun 10, 2009
Visit site
Just make sure that you are only installing tweaks and themes that are compatible with iOS5, if you do that, you shouldn't have any problems.

I can only imagine how cool it will be when someone comes out with a tweak that allows Siri to have control over the entire phone, so you can do things like instructing Siri to turn on and off Wifi and bluetooth and anything else..

I am sure you know already, but just in case check out the Siri tweaks available on Cydia.

1)SiriUtils
2)OpenSiri
3)SiriToggles
4)Hands-Free Control

I have tried all 4 and right now, I am using SiriToggles and Hands-Free Control.

Sent from my jailbroken iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

krs7272#AC

Feb 20, 2010
Visit site
I am sure you know already, but just in case check out the Siri tweaks available on Cydia.

1)SiriUtils
2)OpenSiri
3)SiriToggles
4)Hands-Free Control

I have tried all 4 and right now, I am using SiriToggles and Hands-Free Control.

Sent from my jailbroken iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

I just saw SiriToggles on Cydia. I think that's the one I'm gonna try. I don't use Siri all that much so don't see Hands-free being worth the mo doubt battery usage.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

sj-performance

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm "one of those" that will stay team pure and not jailbreak. I enjoy my iPhone the way it functions as is:)

But, for those of you that will JB, have a blast:D

hey you...how you been? i jailbreaked the minute this came out. this phone is SOOOOOO much better now. i would think about it again and consider jailbreaking if i was you. the jailbreak process with windows is very simple. and i didnt lose any pics apps etc

phillies20

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
^^^^^ I agree. it literally took me about 8 minutes to Jailbreak with windows version. I didn't lose anything. Phone is exactly the way it was but sooooo much better functionality.

I was a big themes guy when i had a BB, so now I'm back to looking for cool themes agian :D

Oliverg109

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
So far I really haven't had any need for any applications besides

SBSettings
BiteSms
iFile is a must in my book.

After that I don't think need anything else. For now

chocmatic

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
No I never got a chances to recover them. What I ended up doing was restoring from the last backup and then saved the pictures, but i ended up restoring my phone and started fresh and I can say that my battery is awesome now ! It has lasted me a whole day and some more.
I agree with battery, it life seems to better. I ended up losing all my pics lol

SteelGreek

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I'm with ya with the addition of LockInfo.

I had to try IntelliscreenX after I saw it and I love it. I also hated the limits on how many apps I could add to one folder. Now I'm just playing around with tweaks but those two apps/functions had me.

krs7272#AC

Feb 20, 2010
Visit site
I had to try IntelliscreenX after I saw it and I love it. I also hated the limits on how many apps I could add to one folder. Now I'm just playing around with tweaks but those two apps/functions had me.

I tried intelliscreenX but didn't care for it. I just need alerts not so much feeds of everything on my lock screen

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR