Should I jailbreak?

felface

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Now that you can get an A5 jailbreak then I was wondering wether to jailbreak or not to as my iPhone has to last me a few years and I don't want it to be crashing all the time and having loads of problems though there are loads of really cool things like jailbreak but then it does break your phone so what do you think and also I don't get what's so good about bitesms how is it better in any way

Hoagie5252

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Looks like this is going to be a hot topic today.

Thinking about it as well. I always rooted all my android phone. I live customizing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
To JB or not to JB... that is the question.... :D

If your phone is doing everything you want it to as is - Don't.

If you're comfortable "messing around under the hood"... and want more tweaks, tricks, and things like that available to you, by all means - jailbreak.

No one can make up your mind for you... :D

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
Looks like this is going to be a hot topic today.

Thinking about it as well. I always rooted all my android phone. I love customizing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I also love customizing. I rooted my android as soon as I got it,but I see my Iphone as something way above androids and the entire jailbreaking process seems a bit more complicated than rooting.

"To live or not to live", Shakespeare, we're in the same page now D=

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
If you have to ask yourself that question, the answer is no.

In my business, if you have to ask if there is a conflict of interest, then there probably is.

If you're worried about screwing something up, then don't do it. Yeah lots of people are good at it and have ZERO issues, but if you're not comfortable with it, I wouldn't.

The only thing I want is iTether, but not sure I would JB just to get that.

w00dy

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Like someone said above...if you are asking the question, probably better staying 'pure'. I've been jailbroken since 24kpwn.

For me(old AT&T unlimited data), my3g is reason enough alone.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
I think it's worth it but I feel like my battery is draining pretty quick.

ladies & gentleman; the number one complaint after someone jailbreaks!

more than likely because your device just became 85% more intriguing!! :rolleyes:

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
How about you try it out, and if you don't like it you can go back to stock. Most likely you'll fall in love, realize what you've been missing all this time and never turn back.

Just because someone asks a question about it doesn't mean that they shouldn't do it, that doesn't even make sense.

Do it.

|-KGB-|CaptHowdy

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
i must say i did jailbreak. But i am sick of screwing with phones after all my androids. So i took it back stock b/c the only real benefit for me was free apps. I figure if i cant afford it I dont need it so i took it back to stock. The phone works so well unjailbroken that i dont need to lol. there were always reasons with android to make something work better but really no need. Again this is just for me not everyone obviously

rich67

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
I was on the fence about jailbreaking. I had never owned an iPhone until the 4s, and I had been accustomed to Android's customization ability. I loved the 4S, but I wanted to be able to do more with my phone-I didn't care too much for the static icon look the iPhone has- I wanted more. So I jailbroke the other day, and I am happy as heck I did. As you can see, I took the best of Android (reminiscent of Beautiful Widgets) and still can keep the iPhone functionality and dependability. Haven't had a crash, haven't noticed any issues, and it works perfectly. The apps are not all free- the best ones do cost some money- but once you're set up with them, then you are ready to go! I love my phone MUCH more now. And the battery drain is no different than with stock- I just find myself using the HECK out of it more now...lol :)

|-KGB-|CaptHowdy

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
I was on the fence about jailbreaking. I had never owned an iPhone until the 4s, and I had been accustomed to Android's customization ability. I loved the 4S, but I wanted to be able to do more with my phone-I didn't care too much for the static icon look the iPhone has- I wanted more. So I jailbroke the other day, and I am happy as heck I did. As you can see, I took the best of Android (reminiscent of Beautiful Widgets) and still can keep the iPhone functionality and dependability. Haven't had a crash, haven't noticed any issues, and it works perfectly. The apps are not all free- the best ones do cost some money- but once you're set up with them, then you are ready to go! I love my phone MUCH more now. And the battery drain is no different than with stock- I just find myself using the HECK out of it more now...lol :)

now specifically which apps are those you are using for your home and launcher. thanks

skyscraper04

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
heres my 2 cents.yesterday i successfully jailbroke my 4s and i installed all the goodies navigon(free)sbsettings,vwallpaper,ifile, etc.actually my purpose of jailbreaking is to unlock my 4s so i can use it on any sim cards but i think its not possible yet :( i notice a little bit slower and battery drains faster.today facebook and couple apps would not open.so i decided to restore it back to factory.i guess i will probably wait for the unlock and i will jailbreak it again....

Rocktapus

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
heres my 2 cents.yesterday i successfully jailbroke my 4s and i installed all the goodies navigon(free)sbsettings,vwallpaper,ifile, etc.actually my purpose of jailbreaking is to unlock my 4s so i can use it on any sim cards but i think its not possible yet :( i notice a little bit slower and battery drains faster.today facebook and couple apps would not open.so i decided to restore it back to factory.i guess i will probably wait for the unlock and i will jailbreak it again....
thats the exact reason i want to jailbreak. but i'm going to wait until the 4S is unlockable before i jailbreak it.

takeshi

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I don't get what's so good about bitesms how is it better in any way
Hit the BiteSMS site. See if any of the features sound like they suit you. We can't tell you if you'll think BiteSMS is better or not. Better is always highly subjective, regardless of topic.

Just because someone asks a question about it doesn't mean that they shouldn't do it, that doesn't even make sense.
It does make sense. If a person is interested in something then the person should have the initiative to put some effort into learning about whatever that thing happens to be. If you can't be bothered to look for answers and determine if JB is right for you then it probably isn't.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2