4s JB is out:)who done it successfully?

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
i downloaded the absinthe ios 5.0/5.0.1 for windows and all the steps were completed, it restarted fine up until i click the absinthe icon on my phone and it just sits on that screen says "Absinthe is now setting things up, please stand by" do i leave it there? and just wait to see if it does anything? cuz its been like that for about 10 minutes, anyone know whats up?

Did you get it to work?

jayman30

Oct 28, 2008
www.iphonedownlow.com
Worked fine for me, easiest jailbreak since jailbreakme.com! Performance on my 4S is outstanding! No lag at all with Vwallpaper and IntelliscreenX and other Mobile Substrate mods running. Hats off to the "dream team"! :D

Boosted21

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
Tried it last night on my PC and it didn't work, tried it on my Mac this morning and all was successful. Took about 10 minutes at most.

Oliverg109

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
Mines is perfect. One thing I noticed yesterday while I was taking pictures was that while I was on the camera app an a bitesms notification pop up on the screen the phone crashes and goes into safe mode, and this happened every single time, has anyone had that issue ?

iKev

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
As I posted in another thread...

A few key things to do for a successful jailbreak on both iPad and iPhone 4s

1. Make sure you are on latest iTunes
2. Backup your device. Make sure your backup is not password protected
3. Settings / general / reset and erase all settings and content
4. Once device has rebooted, setup as new device then once on springboard turn off wifi
5. Run jailbreak tool. Should be very quick as the device is stock.
6. Once finished turn on wifi and click the greenpois0n app
7. If fails do the VPN trick, Device will reboot, then run cydia.
8. Restore from backup.

The reason people are experiencing long or failed jailbreaks is due to having content already on he device. For the first time this tool is using a multitude of new methods including using a backup during the JB. If you are having troubles just restore to new device and start again from fresh.

I've done two iPads today on 2 diff laptops and they were both very smooth. BTW I used windows absinthe tool. Also remember if you are on Windows 7 run as administrator and also try running in XP mode if the program is cashing.

Happy jail breaking
:)

THANK YOU! That was what I needed to get jailbroken. You rock!

Reactions: mrbrianwc

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
After jb twice on ipad, second time was after restore as new, i said screw it. Too unstable for me. And basically not worthwhile to me anyway.

For the iphone 4S, it's going better than ipad but that's not saying much. Though i just jb a second time after restoring. Was staying hot, not charging full, and going through the battery. I'd like to keep this jailbroken, but if it gives me same problems or empties out my folders again spreading icons everywhere, i'll just have to forget jailbreaking. This is with bitesms, sbsettings, mywi, my3g. Five icon dock screwed the folders up.

Bob_B

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
I JB my wife's iPhone 4s and iPad 2 last night with no problems. The only real issue I am having is getting sources to load. They all are timing out or erroring out. Anyone else having issues with this?

derk

Jun 10, 2009
Visit site
I JB my wife's iPhone 4s and iPad 2 last night with no problems. The only real issue I am having is getting sources to load. They all are timing out or erroring out. Anyone else having issues with this?

This is normal when a jb first comes out. Cydia server is getting hammered.

Sent from my jailbroken iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Mines is perfect. One thing I noticed yesterday while I was taking pictures was that while I was on the camera app an a bitesms notification pop up on the screen the phone crashes and goes into safe mode, and this happened every single time, has anyone had that issue ?

Try uninstalling bitesms and then reinstalling it. It sounds like you have a corrupted file somewhere.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

templetonryecy

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
As I posted in another thread...

A few key things to do for a successful jailbreak on both iPad and iPhone 4s

1. Make sure you are on latest iTunes
2. Backup your device. Make sure your backup is not password protected
3. Settings / general / reset and erase all settings and content
4. Once device has rebooted, setup as new device then once on springboard turn off wifi
5. Run jailbreak tool. Should be very quick as the device is stock.
6. Once finished turn on wifi and click the greenpois0n app
7. If fails do the VPN trick, Device will reboot, then run cydia.
8. Restore from backup.

The reason people are experiencing long or failed jailbreaks is due to having content already on he device. For the first time this tool is using a multitude of new methods including using a backup during the JB. If you are having troubles just restore to new device and start again from fresh.

I've done two iPads today on 2 diff laptops and they were both very smooth. BTW I used windows absinthe tool. Also remember if you are on Windows 7 run as administrator and also try running in XP mode if the program is cashing.

Happy jail breaking
:)

Ok, a few really dumb questions from a jailbreaking noob :)

1. So basically I am backing up the iPhone in iTunes and then WIPING IT COMPLETELY before starting jailbreak, correct?
1A. Is anyone NOT doing this step?
1B. I'm not worried about the music but my camera roll - does backup handle my camera roll?

2. What is the "VPN trick"?

3. I've never restored from backup. Am I doing this in iTunes also right AFTER the jailbreak process?
3A. And this doesn't affect the jailbreak?

THANKS!!

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Ok, a few really dumb questions from a jailbreaking noob :)

1. So basically I am backing up the iPhone in iTunes and then WIPING IT COMPLETELY before starting jailbreak, correct?
1A. Is anyone NOT doing this step?
1B. I'm not worried about the music but my camera roll - does backup handle my camera roll?

2. What is the "VPN trick"?

3. I've never restored from backup. Am I doing this in iTunes also right AFTER the jailbreak process?
3A. And this doesn't affect the jailbreak?

THANKS!!

You're backing up in case there is a problem with the jailbreak.
Yes backup does backup your camera roll
No you do not restore before you jailbreak.
You will only restore if you have a problem with the jailbreak.
If you restore after your jailbreak, you'll lose your jailbreak.
Not sure about the VPN trick. Didn't have to use it.

templetonryecy

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
You're backing up in case there is a problem with the jailbreak.
Yes backup does backup your camera roll
No you do not restore before you jailbreak.
You will only restore if you have a problem with the jailbreak.
If you restore after your jailbreak, you'll lose your jailbreak.
Not sure about the VPN trick. Didn't have to use it.

Thanks for the quick response!

So I'm still confused about Step 8 above. In other forums, it's telling me to essentially wipe the device before doing the jailbreak and then Restore after the jailbreak is successful (to get my files back), because people were having issues with the jailbreak "because there is data on it."

But not having to actually Restore from backup would be ideal.

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the quick response!

So I'm still confused about Step 8 above. In other forums, it's telling me to essentially wipe the device before doing the jailbreak and then Restore after the jailbreak is successful (to get my files back), because people were having issues with the jailbreak "because there is data on it."

But not having to actually Restore from backup would be ideal.

Dont restore. Backup, run absinthe and your good to go. Only restore if there is a problem with the jailbreak, like you lose your camera roll or something. Then you'd restore from backup, then rejailbrake again.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2