iOS 5.1 beta 3 is available

zm976311

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
Downloading right now... haven't looked at the release notes yet, but good to hear they put toggling 3G back. It's been asked for a lot lately.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Would you mind posting a link to those? I couldn't find them anywhere. Or are they only for devs?

give it a day or two, it'll be out there.. somewhere

side note; has anyone noticed that since the 5.1 betas you can no longer "hide" the Newsstand.app in another folder

zm976311

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site

side note; has anyone noticed that since the 5.1 betas you can no longer "hide" the Newsstand.app in another folder
Yep noticed that too... kind of unfortunate. I saw on a thread either here or on MacRumors someone suggested we should be able to choose which Apple apps are on the homescreen in an upcoming update... love that idea because there are several Apple apps that I never touch and are forced to put into a folder.

nycfly

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
someone on the main page posted this in the comments:

There?s now an option to turn International CDMA Roaming ON/OFF in the Settings > General > Network > Roaming menu. This is a new addition for iPhone 4S users on Verizon. Not sure about other CDMA carriers.

does this mean we now have the option to switch over to GSM? just a little confused what this means.
this would be HUGE for me as i have an international sim card that i would love to switch over to at times while in the US to check my messages (on blackberry there is an option to chose CDMA or GSM, which i miss a lot!)

Timhewitt

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site

You do understand that this "hiding" of the newsstand folder corrupted the file system and led to unpredictable device behavior..... Nested folders is not supported, and newsstand is implemented as an extended folder.

Anyone who exploited this bug was begging for trouble.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
what kind of "trouble" are we talking here.. afaik, it just crashes the devcie if you try to open it while it is within a folder. which should work out well for the people who do not use it at all

i wish i could just remove the POS completely

Timhewitt

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
We have seen corrupt backups, failure to be able to restore a device, apps crashing during cleanup - all traced back to this file system corruption.

Shooter03

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Yep OTA worked sweet for me and I love the fact I can turn off 3G again. Now only if apple worked a little more on battery life we'd all be laughing. I was getting 5+ hours of usage with around 24+ of standby, if that went up a bit it'd be awesome.

B

bonesb

I'm seeing separate "Data Roaming" and "Voice Roaming" toggles in the CDMA ipsw file for the first time.

<snark>No doubt for the twits that think that SPCS's "unlimited data" is truly unlimited and didn't read their TOS but continue to blather on without knowing any better. (It's a 300 MB roaming data cap, FYI SPCS subs).</snark>

B

bonesb

In the two iPhone 4 files (CDMA and GSM) under "General>Keyboard" and directly under the International Keyboards, there's a new "link" entitled "ABOUT DICTATION LINK TEXT" - that starts out with text "When you use the keyboard dictation feature on your device..." - and, it goes on...

Siri on the iPhone 4, I'm hoping?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods