Will jailbreaking solve this problem?

sonic31

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
Hello,

I am moving to Australia from Canada tomorrow and I desperately want to bring my iPhone 4 (standard, not s) V.5.0 with me. I was under the impression all I had to do was bring it to my Rogers cell phone store and they would be able to unlock it and send me on my way.

Unfortunately, I was just told that 'no one' can unlock iPhone 4's as of yet, and the salesman even said that a jailbreak would not solve my problem and that my only solution was to find someone to buy the phone off me who would keep it in Canada.

My question is this; if I were to jailbreak my phone would I then be able to insert a SIM card from an Australian service provider and be on my way?

This may be a stupid question but any help or guidance on this matter is greatly appreciated as I know nothing and am a total newb when it comes to unlocking and jailbreaking iphones.

Thank you very much

Last edited:

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
No Jailbreak will not fix it. There is Jailbreak and Unlock they are two seperate things. However you need to Jailbreak in order to Unlock. What you need to do is unlock the phone in order to run it on another carrier. The law says if your contract is up they are supposed to unlock the phone for you but it's more of a grey area right now. The unlock depends on your baseband and if your phone is on iOS 5 then sorry my friend but your baseband is I beleive not unlockable. So yes what I would say is sell your iPhone and then buy a factory unlocked iPhone 4. Since the iPhone 4s is out the prices aren't that bad but if you're leaving tomorrow then you might not be able to do it in time. You could also just buy a 3Gs which would be like $150 just make sure the one you buy is already unlocked. If it is then make sure you DO NOT UPDATE THE FIRMWARE!!!!

Tony the Tiger

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
You'll need to do more than just a jailbreak. If you can find your baseband, you can check to see if it's compatible with Ultrasn0w. If not, your could also try a gevey sim if the baseband is also compatible.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice