No safari and ifile following a 5.0.1 unthethered jailbreak

cher

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Hi,
I've jailbroke my iphone 4 with the help of the most updated redsn0w program (ver. 0.9.10b3). The action completed successfully but
1. when I start safari it opens and then, almost immediately closes.
2. I can't install ifile. It just disappeared.
3. when I hit a link (from email, for example) opera mini opens (instead of safari), but the expected link isn't available.
Looks like other applications as well aren't operative.

I tried to rejailbreak once without reinstalling cydia and again including cydia installation. The problems stayed.

What's wrong? Any suggestions?

icebox93

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
What tweaks do you have installed, perhaps some aren't compatible with ios 5. What did you upgrade from? If that's not the problem, then it sounds like you might want to consider reinstalling the OS and trying to jailbreak again after that.

Last edited:

briankeith513

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Hi,
I've jailbroke my iphone 4 with the help of the most updated redsn0w program (ver. 0.9.10b3). The action completed successfully but
1. when I start safari it opens and then, almost immediately closes.
2. I can't install ifile. It just disappeared.
3. when I hit a link (from email, for example) opera mini opens (instead of safari), but the expected link isn't available.
Looks like other applications as well aren't operative.

I tried to rejailbreak once without reinstalling cydia and again including cydia installation. The problems stayed.

What's wrong? Any suggestions?

Do you have Spire, or any other siri ports installed? If not, what other cydia apps/tweaks do you have installed? I know Spire causes this exact issue for me.

cher

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Is there a way to track me tweaks?

What tweaks do you have installed, perhaps some aren't compatible with ios 5. What did you upgrade from? If that's not the problem, then it sounds like you might want to consider reinstalling the OS and trying to jailbreak again after that.

I would be more than eager to answer your question, but since I've no record of my tweaks, I'm stuck.
Is there a way to identify which teaks are installed on my system?

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
After you jailbreak to you go to cydia and install all the necessary upgrades?? Mobil substrate has been updated twice very recently...

cher

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Is update necessary?

After you jailbreak to you go to cydia and install all the necessary upgrades?? Mobil substrate has been updated twice very recently...

Each time I open cydia, a long list of updates are downloaded. Is there any need for a further independent update? If so, how is it done?

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Each time I open cydia, a long list of updates are downloaded. Is there any need for a further independent update? If so, how is it done?

Not necessarily what I meant... Occasionally when you open cydia there will be a "flashing" red badge... Those are considered necessary updates... Many people were having issues with some applications not working but it has been sorted by most everyone... Not really sure what you have going on...

cher

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Not necessarily what I meant... Occasionally when you open cydia there will be a "flashing" red badge... Those are considered necessary updates... Many people were having issues with some applications not working but it has been sorted by most everyone... Not really sure what you have going on...

Well, whenover I got those message, I followed suit and updated cydia.

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Your phone still isn't sorted yet?? If not I'd do a fresh restore as new iPhone and jailbreak again... Seems like a pain but something didn't go right for you!

cher

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
I'm quite convinced that you're right.
Still, what did you mean by "a fresh restore as new iPhone "? My phone is now updated to ver. 5.0.1. Should I first return it to 4.3.3?
Is there a step-by-step manual for this process?

iDonev

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
He meant restoring to 5.0.1 via iTunes (DO NOT do this if you are an unlocker) and then setting the iPhone up as new (meaning do not use any backups) After that you can proceed with another jailbreak and see if that fixed anything.

cher

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Can't restore

Well, my situation becomes more and more complicated. I tried to restore my iPhone, but got the following error message:

The iPhone...could not be restore. An unknown error occurred (11)

Error # 11 isn't listed on the apple report document.

Any suggestion?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2