iPhone 4 significantly slower post-jailbreak

cmrngetty

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I untether jailbroke my iPhone 4 the day it came out and it is significantly slower now. My iPhone has been previously jailbroken on other firmwares and it has never been as slow as it is now. It's not slow as in I can't do anything, it just moves slower and opens things slower. Is there anyway to fix this, other than obvious ways (clearing apps, turning off location, etc.)?

derk

Jun 10, 2009
Visit site
I untether jailbroke my iPhone 4 the day it came out and it is significantly slower now. My iPhone has been previously jailbroken on other firmwares and it has never been as slow as it is now. It's not slow as in I can't do anything, it just moves slower and opens things slower. Is there anyway to fix this, other than obvious ways (clearing apps, turning off location, etc.)?

Yes, I would start with the obvious ways (figuring out which Cydia app/tweak is causing the slowdown).
Do you remember how your iphone 4 behave right after you installed Cydia? Was it slow already?

cmrngetty

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Yes, I would start with the obvious ways (figuring out which Cydia app/tweak is causing the slowdown).
Do you remember how your iphone 4 behave right after you installed Cydia? Was it slow already?

I don't remember I installed things pretty quickly. I have a feeling it's intelliscreenx or blurriedncba ckground

derk

Jun 10, 2009
Visit site
I don't remember I installed things pretty quickly. I have a feeling it's intelliscreenx or blurriedncba ckground

Unfortunately, you are going to have to uninstall each Cydia app/tweak or winterboard/dreamboard theme and figure out the culprit. This is one of the disadvantages of jailbreaking your iOS device.

cmrngetty

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
It seems to be running quicker now that I've uninstalled blurryncbackground. depending on if it doesn't get faster I'll be uninstalling intelliscreen next

derk

Jun 10, 2009
Visit site
It seems to be running quicker now that I've uninstalled blurryncbackground. depending on if it doesn't get faster I'll be uninstalling intelliscreen next

There you go. Good luck troubleshooting!

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
IF you are convinced it is indeed IntelliScreenX then try the following. seems to have worked for others in similar situations:

remove ISX

Reset Network Settings on device

reboot

reinstall ISX

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro