Post Jailbreak Issues

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Hello,

Jailbroke my iphone 4 (vzw) last night via redsnow. Had no issues with the install, but after I installed a few things from Cydia I am not able to open the App Store and Safari (as soon as I click them, they load up for like 2 seconds then go right back to the main screen) I have restarted/resprung/hard power off but still nothing.

I have installed these from Cydia:

WinterBoard
Springtomize
FolderEnhancer
FakeClockUp
CyDelete
Activator
BiteSMS
SBSettings
RemoveBG
iFile
My3G

Has anyone else who installed any of these run into this issue? Is my best course of action to just re-jailbreak?

Thanks for any advice.

j7469

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
I had the same issue on my wife's iPhone. I just did a resort & re-jailbreak. It took a bit but afterward everything worked perfectly.

I was already jailbroken (tethered) & installing corona made me untethered without any issues. I wonder if people would be better off doing a tethered JB & installing corona?

LouisCameron

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
Me too!

Having the same issue, I am going to try to run Redsn0w on top of my current JB to see if it will sort the issue out, but if not I wouldn't consider this a "truely untethered" JB. I also realize its been a little over 24 hours, and the Dev team is probably doing there best to sort the issues out.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
I wonder if people would be better off doing a tethered JB & installing corona?

i have been wondering the same myself. i went back stock with a fresh install trying to wait out all this mess but i may just do this as well

DoubleEagle

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Installed cydia no problem but at the top it says updating packages it ever finishes? Anyone else having problems with this?

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I think I found the cause of my issue. Seems the My3g was the one causing my App Store/Safari to crash. Once I deleted that app, I was able to open them up with no problems.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Neither can I. BigBoss isn't working and 90% of my jailbreak apps are from BigBoss. Very frustrating. I wish I had waited!

I had issues with BigBoss until I went into Manage>>Sources>> and selected Edit, and deleted BigBoss...then, on the main screen, tapped 'more package sources' and Near the top, BigBoss was listed... taped that, and it downloaded the repo contents into Cydia.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh