Does My3G work with iOS 5?

RConcheiro#AC

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Hello everyone, first off I want to thank you for looking at this thread and attempting to help, I have attempted to search for this answer on Google and also the forums but I cannot find anything, the closest I came was here: Enable FaceTime Over 3G iOS 5 Jailbreak Required , which after complete-ting that, I am still unable to.

What's happening is I want to install My3G like I had on my iOS 4, which I can FaceTime over 3G. Since I upgraded to iOS 5.0.1, I did a untethered jailbreak, and I am attempting to install My3G, however when I install it, any app that I open crashes (this is most likely due to the fact that the My3G that I downloaded is for iOS 4), so when I uninstall the app, my phone works perfect.

Any way to get My3G cracked to work on iOS 5? Thanks in advance for all your help!

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
You may get a more sensible answer now that this thread is in the jailbreak forum where it belongs.

crystus

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
It works just fine on 5.0.1 as I am using it now and I used it for a couple of months on 5.0 before the untethered jailbreak came out.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I don't think he is asking about piracy .. He stated he has it on ios4 he wants it to work on ios5 ..

OP I think it is now compatible .. Alot of apps in Cydia still are not so only thing to do is wait .. If people say it is so I would try removing and reinstalling it of you haven't .

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
He wants to make the cracked version work, so that might be a problem. If he bought it, that'd be a good place to start.

Beamed from a galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk!

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Oh I thought he meant cracked liked a fix to make it work on ios 5 not some free version cracked to work without paying

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I want to hope so, but most of the times, cracked does mean piracy. :(

Beamed from a galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk!

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Due to the fact that the original post wasn't even in the correct forum, we're giving the OP the benefit of the doubt. All you armchair moderators can take the night off.

mqcoop

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
IOS 5.0.1 with My3G causing apps to not load

I purchased My3G and used it for over a year on an iPhone 4 with up to IOS 4.3.3 and had no problems. I recently (last week) updated to IOS 5.0.1 and hadn't used several apps for a few days. My phone is jailbroken with Redsn0w 0.9.10b3 and only two apps from Cydia are installed. My3G when installed causes several apps to not load whether they are using My3G or not. For example: Zillow, iHeartRadio, Citibank and several others will not load. If I remove My3G, they all work. I noticed on the website that My3G is supposed to be ready for 5.0.1, but it doesn't appear to be. Anyone else with the purchased version experiencing this?

jpborjas

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Same here

I'm experiencing the exact same issue on two iPhone 4 that I just upgraded to 5.0.1. I uninstalled My3G, SBSettings, and all the other programs that came with that, and everything worked again. I then installed SBSettings, but not My3G, and I'm still ok. I sent a crash log report to the My3G site, awaiting a response.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR