Glbosko53

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
Discuss this legal Siri port an if you are interested in it.

Setting up your own server looks difficult so I hope there is an easier way later down the road.

Balkis

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
To be honest, i have no clue on how to set up the Proxy Server? Any help would be appreciated! Plus those "Tokens" as Chpwn calls them, if i use them on one device it shouldn't really blacklist my 4S should it? Thanks :)

CHAM89

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I cant even find it in Cydia anywhere.....either way just reading up on it its pretty much useless unless you know someone with a 4S that allows you to share their authentication tokens..

thomlanphear

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
Okay....

So I have an IPhone 4S and an IPad 2 but from reading the forums they can't be jailbroken yet is that correct?

If so then how do I add this app so I can use it on my IPad2. Sorry I am a newbie to Mac stuff and though I am dragging my feet being able to Jailbreak it and add things I want and need sounds like it may comfort the blow from moving from Android and Windows mobile. Before anyone says anything it was not my idea to switch to IPhone/Pad I need it for a program I need to access for work so I had no choice in the matter.

Just looking for some guidance:confused::confused:

jackie treehorn

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
So I have an IPhone 4S and an IPad 2 but from reading the forums they can't be jailbroken yet is that correct?

If so then how do I add this app so I can use it on my IPad2
. Sorry I am a newbie to Mac stuff and though I am dragging my feet being able to Jailbreak it and add things I want and need sounds like it may comfort the blow from moving from Android and Windows mobile. Before anyone says anything it was not my idea to switch to IPhone/Pad I need it for a program I need to access for work so I had no choice in the matter.

Just looking for some guidance:confused::confused:

It is strictly a jailbreak app and you can not add it until they release a jailbreak for your devices. Sorry, but you're SOL until then, just sit tight as the one for your devices should be released soon.

briankeith513

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I did the untether jailbreak, and everything was working fine with my Iphone. I then installed Spire, and none of my apps would work, besides mail and safari. I then removed Spire, and everything worked fine again. Anyone know what may be causing this issue?

Citadelsix

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
I did the untether jailbreak, and everything was working fine with my Iphone. I then installed Spire, and none of my apps would work, besides mail and safari. I then removed Spire, and everything worked fine again. Anyone know what may be causing this issue?

I don't know the answer, but I had exactly the same experience. I had not set up Spire to work with the proxy, etc., but since I wasn't actually trying to use it, I didn't expect the problems I had. I just deleted it until later...

TechNyne666

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site

this is because siri is being imported and is still new the official siri is still beta. You cant expect an imported one to work perfect

briankeith513

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
this is because siri is being imported and is still new the official siri is still beta. You cant expect an imported one to work perfect

Dude, did you read anywhere in my post where I said that I expected it to be perfect? All I stated was what my issue was, and it apparently is one that multiple users are having. I'm looking at your reply to me and I'm trying to figure out what the point of it is, and why it was even made. :rolleyes:

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site

Did you ever try to use any of the other Siri ports??? I think the other ones are the problems... Like h1siri...

briankeith513

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Did you ever try to use any of the other Siri ports??? I think the other ones are the problems... Like h1siri...

I didn't try h1siri, but i did try a different one that I've since deleted. I've also switched to a different iPhone since i tried the other port.

briankeith513

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
So the iPhone your on now never had a Siri port before spire? If not that 86's my theory...

No, not on this phone. However, I restored from a backup of a previous iPhone that did have a Siri port on it at one time. Maybe something carried over some how? Dunno.

Sent from my VZW iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

desse3

Dec 4, 2011
Visit site
Proxy

Ok so all the literature Ive been reading doesn't say how to navigate to the proxy address on the 4s.

Anyone know how to find it? Or am I reading everything wrong and it's not possible?

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
No, not on this phone. However, I restored from a backup of a previous iPhone that did have a Siri port on it at one time. Maybe something carried over some how? Dunno.

Yeah I read on twitter that other Siri iterations left behind lots of stuff that really screw with "official" Siri that came straight from 4s unencrypted files...

briankeith513

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I read on twitter that other Siri iterations left behind lots of stuff that really screw with "official" Siri that came straight from 4s unencrypted files...

Interesting. Oh well, I'm just gonna wait until there's a port that works with the servers, without me having to jump through hoops. If that day comes, I'll do a full restore as a new phone. Is it true that we'd get a full functioning Siri with the 4S jailbreak?

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I imagine that much as cydia automatically saves blobs, it will save the udid of 4s thy get jailbroken, and that, that will in turn lead to a "complete" Siri port for all idevices... Probably using a proxy...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73