jailbreaking question.

Manny_Fresh

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
so ive got a verizon iphone 4 and my girlfriends little sister wants it. so i want to give it to her but she has tmobile and im not sure if you can jail break it so it can be used for tmobile. i know a kid that had a blackberry storm from verizon that he was able to set up and use on tmobile. if anyone could let me know that would be great.

thanks and happy holidays!

PS.
i couldnt find anything in my search that answered the question thats what i made it a new thread.

hpcomputergeek

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
so ive got a verizon iphone 4 and my girlfriends little sister wants it. so i want to give it to her but she has tmobile and im not sure if you can jail break it so it can be used for tmobile. i know a kid that had a blackberry storm from verizon that he was able to set up and use on tmobile. if anyone could let me know that would be great.

thanks and happy holidays!

PS.
i couldnt find anything in my search that answered the question thats what i made it a new thread.

The Verizon iPhone doesn't have a sim card slot. It is only a CDMA phone. But she could use it like an iPod touch to listen music and play games. If she wants service with T-Mobile, she has to get an unlocked iPhone 4S from Apple.

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
The Verizon iPhone doesn't have a sim card slot. It is only a CDMA phone. But she could use it like an iPod touch to listen music and play games. If she wants service with T-Mobile, she has to get an unlocked iPhone 4S from Apple.

And even if she does that, she wouldn't be able to use it on 3G as T mobile has a different 3G spectrum then AT&T does.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Joe McG

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
Tmobil recently upgraded its 3G so
iPhone's work in 3G now with tmobil

Umm, no. This is not true. And even if it was, "upgraded" would not be the correct term. Tmobile uses AWS bands which are just different, not worse or better. There have been reports that Tmobile has begun implementing 900 MHz HSPA+ in the Pacific Northwest. However, it is apparently spotty and certainly not over the entire US.

Jon Seals

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
Umm, no. This is not true. And even if it was, "upgraded" would not be the correct term. Tmobile uses AWS bands which are just different, not worse or better. There have been reports that Tmobile has begun implementing 900 MHz HSPA+ in the Pacific Northwest. However, it is apparently spotty and certainly not over the entire US.

T-Mobile to get seven-year 3G roaming deal, 128 markets of AWS spectrum from AT&T | The Verge

Times have changed. They're getting the 1900MHz band too.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox