What is jailbreaking all about

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
hey 4S peeps. you do know there are other sections to this forum, don't you?

it amuses me how some people just post whatever questions they might have in the 4S forum

what's next around here "Do you like meat in your spaghetti?"

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site

it amuses me how some people just post whatever questions they might have in the 4S forum

I love meat in my spaghetti. ;)

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

verwon

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site

I prefer Mizithra, though occasionally adding garlic and mushrooms is great!

Sent from my iOS ecosystem!

peterthomas

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
In short jail breaking is all about going out of the Apple's circle and enjoying some fresh air from the outer world, I found jail breaking one of the most amazing technique ever. Since Apple is sort of narrow minded when it comes to sharing user experience and they don't allow you to be open. So for that reason a software crack of Apple devices is used so that you can make any changes in your iphone as you may want to. So that's why people jailbreak. and I would advise you to first use your iphone normally, that is not unlocked or jailbroken, and once you are fed up of the iphone and the app store, then go for jail breaking and have a taste of Cydia as well...

Happy Jail-breaking...:)

Kehjj04

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site

A lot of the other forums are slow and you all seem so knowledgable, I know it's not the way the forums work but if anything it's a compliment to the members of this board

saynt j

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
I am new to the iPhone, can someone explain what Jailbreaking is all about and why you would or
would not want to do it.

Thx

I'll tell ya what it'll be about..... it'll be about time when we finally get it!!! LOL j/k

Thanks to everyone who've made progress towards Jailbreaking the A5. Just reading the blogs and twitter feeds it looks like it's been a real PITA.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site

thread move to JB forum

Chocu1a

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
I jailbreaked my iPhone 4 for 1 reason. Integrated voice dictation.
Coming from an Android phone, I find the lack of system integrated voice dictation unacceptable. As much as apple charges for their phones, the lack of this feature is unforgivable.
Once I saw Siri0us in action, I jumped on the jailbreak train.

Jon Seals

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
Think of jailbreaking as unlocking your device to have fun stuff beyond applications. Look up the tweaks "barrel", "winterboard", and "SBSettings" to get an idea of the customization and fun you get from it.

You can do stuff like allow things that are over 20mb to download over 3G, FaceTime over 3G, HDR on a 3GS, iPod Touch 4, or iPad 2, and soon Siri on the iOS 5 compatible devices (except the 4S... It already has it :p )

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73