AppStore badge bug

iVader

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
Ok, I know that the only way to see if there is an update for one of my apps is to open the appstore. But why then the badge shows up after that? Even if the appstore is not force-closed - it doesn't show the badge automatically when there is update. Can anyone help me to fix this?

Thanks.

anon(157335)

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
The app store only checks for updates automatically once a week. When you open the app store manually it checks for updates right away, hence the badge showing up after you open the app.

Reactions: iVader

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
The app store only checks for updates automatically once a week. When you open the app store manually it checks for updates right away, hence the badge showing up after you open the app.

Thx Prof Tripp-I've wonder this also why sometimes the update shows after opening up the app store.

On another note, I have another question that could be a bug also (?) it's happened to me twice on my iPhone and on a rare occasion on my iPad. When in the app store browsing on wifi, sometimes I will click into an app to get addl info on it if it interests me and I will get a pop up suddenly saying "cannot connect to app store" (or something along this lines) I had to go in and shut off my wifi, and then switch it back on--then it was fine.

Any one else experience this?

Sorry to derail your post OP but I fig'd this may be an app store bug also.

kshen1

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
I've never experienced this before...Could be a connection issue between your device and the App Store.

Or maybe Apple's servers was down, but again, I've never experienced this so don't quote me on it

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I've never experienced this before...Could be a connection issue between your device and the App Store.

Or maybe Apple's servers was down, but again, I've never experienced this so don't quote me on it

Ok thx kshen. I've had my iPhone since 11/4 and this is only the second time it happened since then. And like I said, it was only when I was on wifi. I literraly went into my settings, flipped the switch to off and then right back on for wifi and then I was able to continue browsing the app store. It's also happened on my iPad on rare occasion also and had to do the same with the wifi off/on thing.

I was literally 5 feet away from my router also and had full signal, so idk. As long as it's just a rare thing I can deal with it, but if this begins to happen constantly then i'll make a trip t the genius bar if necessary:)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro