App store Password not working

arcurlyq

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
Have had the same password forever and used it fine earlier today. Now it's not working. Tried resetting and that didn't work either. Anyone else having this issue?

arcurlyq

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
Thanks, I logged out and logged back in. I'm not getting a message saying my password is incorrect, but now apps that I want to download just won't download via the iTunes app store on my phone. When I try to download an app, I get a "waiting" status with the app. Grrrr.:mad:

anon(157335)

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, I logged out and logged back in. I'm not getting a message saying my password is incorrect, but now apps that I want to download just won't download via the iTunes app store on my phone. When I try to download an app, I get a "waiting" status with the app. Grrrr.:mad:

Any chance you are having network issues?

rat tat tat

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Are you able to download apps from the computer? But unable to from your device? If unable to download from within the device, check your settings. Settings>Store. Log into your acct on your device and see whether you have "Use Cellular Data" turned off or on. I don't know if this is issue but worth a look. I keep "Use Cellular Data" turned off because my area has barely any reception.

arcurlyq

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
Nope, no network issues. Also, my iTunes match is now having issues as well. Whenever I try to download one of my songs available via iTunes Match, it asks me for my password, but then won't download anything. This is so annoying because I pay a lot for all this. Not only do I pay for iTunes match, but I also pay for additional storage. This service is great when it works, but if Apple is going to have outages like this, it's not worth the money.

I have a feeling that this has something to do with the recent expansion of iCloud and all the problems people are experiencing with that -

https://discussions.apple.com/message/17035266#17035266

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Nope, no network issues. Also, my iTunes match is now having issues as well. Whenever I try to download one of my songs available via iTunes Match, it asks me for my password, but then won't download anything. This is so annoying because I pay a lot for all this. Not only do I pay for iTunes match, but I also pay for additional storage. This service is great when it works, but if Apple is going to have outages like this, it's not worth the money.

I have a feeling that this has something to do with the recent expansion of iCloud and all the problems people are experiencing with that -

https://discussions.apple.com/message/17035266#17035266

Well you are def wrong about it being an addition because of iCloud people with the very first iPhone had this issue it's not new. I suggest calling apple support or visiting a apple store

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

arcurlyq

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
I have been on the phone with Apple for the better part of the last hour. They are now saying that the issue is specific to my iTunes account and they are investigating it. So, I have to wait and they will hopefully call me back within an hour and get it resolved.

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
I have been on the phone with Apple for the better part of the last hour. They are now saying that the issue is specific to my iTunes account and they are investigating it. So, I have to wait and they will hopefully call me back within an hour and get it resolved.

yes that stinks but unfortunately things like this happen!

Lizzyc152

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
I am having the same problem. I'm trying to update my apps, but it keeps saying password incorrect, but I can go to iTunes through safari, on the same device, and have no problem logging in. Tried logging out through settings, and it didn't work. Anyone have any other suggestions? So annoying! My Facebook won't work, or at least I can't comment, probably because it needs an update! What will I do without my Facebook?! I might have to actually do something productive! Nah, I'll just log in on my laptop. But still...

Lizzyc152

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Ok, I just tried an old password, from like, 3 password changes ago, and it worked. So weird! At least I can update my apps now. Try an older password.

Kieron Woodgate

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
I am Having an issue with helping my mother, i try to download an app on her ipad but the problem is that now it says it isnt the wrong password now it just wont download a thing my phone with different email works and my dads its just hers sinc ei got my phone

David Beales

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
My app store password stopped working. Contacting Apple did not help at all. Does this have something to do with my using a iPad One. The reset password doesn't work. It turns out that my E address is under me.com which Apple no longer supports. Apple misplaced my birthdate so signing in that way is also blocked. Contacting a component representive who has access to all my Apple Records, a task which other companies handle wth easy when asked for help on similar problems on their networks, seems impossible for Apple.