the grass isnt always greener...

TheGoodSon

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
@j4769 - i agree with you about the 3GS not being fast enough for me and the new jailbreak. Like i said in the first post - it only slowed a few of my apps down a little bit, just enough for me to notice, which is caused but what you spoke of when it comes to 3GS. again i am pro jailbreak and will do again after some more bugs are worked out.

i tried this latest jailbreak 0.9.9b9b and everything seemed fine until i installed 5 dock icon and sbsettings. then it kept telling me it was in safe mode so i rebooted and that didnt fix it so i messed with a little more and ran out of time to figure it out. but will spend some more time on it today. i was hoping that with the latest up date from redsnOw that it would be some what better, well now im to sure about that

TheGoodSon

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
OK, i have done some diagnostics testing on this jailbreak and found that my small glitch was caused by winterboard. i believe it is only caused by the slow 3GS. maybe some iPhone 4/4S user with this tweak could chime in with their experience. i removed it from cydia and as of now everything else seems to be running just as smooth as a stock device. Sooo :D once again i am jailbroken and unlocked on 5.0.1 firmware

Last edited:

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
yeah, i'm not a big fan of Winterboard myself AND i will be re-jailbreaking (again) myself tonight :D

tired of waiting on pod2g. the sickening part is when the Untethered comes out i will Restore as New and re-JB. weird i know

TheGoodSon

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
lmao yea that's what i'm planning on doing. i jailbreak for two things - intelliscreenX n bitesms, everything else is just a plus in my opinion. i know there are some really cool tweaks and add-ons but i'm comfortable with just the two mentioned above. :cool:

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
if you want to limit what you're adding to your device you should try ditching biteSMS and using Messages+ that is built in to ISX. i was a HUGE bite fan, not hating, but M+ works streamline with ISX

just give it a try. you might like it

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73