Cydia Jailbreak Question

caswellsam

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site
Hi Guys and Girls

So long story short I successfully managed to jailbreak my phone using RedSnow (and a guide).

Im using an IPhone 4 on IOS 5.0.1 so I am stuck using Tethered which isnt a huge biggy.
I ran Cydia and somehow let it download essential operating files (I presume a bit like a computer does?)

It then flashed up saying it needed to reboot so I clicked yes thinking I could just boot it from DFU mode again. This failed and I got it stuck recovery mode. Redsnow wouldn't just boot and kept trying to jailbreak it again. I did manage to get the phone back by restoring via iTunes.

1) did I do anything wrong ? I have since learned that I should have pointed Redsnow and the ISPW 5.0 again

2) ignoring the fact I've restored my phone via ITunes. If I had managed to get it back via justboot would the "essential" Cydia updates still be installed??

Cheers guys im planning to give it another bash on the weekend 😊

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
The "essential" update is in fact ESSENTIAL!!!
That's not where you went wrong.
It's actually quite odd that it didn't reboot the second time... I mean you obviously rebooted tethered to get to cydia... Did you install any other packages?? Or just the essential upgrade???...

caswellsam

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site
Just the essential one. I was in the middle of searching (and a bit overwhelmed) for apps when they flashed up.

They do stay on the phone when you have to re tether and just boot then ?

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Once you install cydia, your phone is jailbroken... If you restored, then you are no longer jailbroken... So where are you now??? jailbroken or stock 6.0.1???

caswellsam

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site
Once you install cydia, your phone is jailbroken... If you restored, then you are no longer jailbroken... So where are you now??? jailbroken or stock 6.0.1???

Back to stock 5.0.1 ... Will jailbreak again this evening (once I download the IOS 5 file again). How divi find out if my phone is GSM or CDSA ?

caswellsam

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site
Hi guys,
Right I managed to jailbreak and then put the phone back into DFU mode. I tried to justboot however it when I put it into DFU mode, select the ISPW then go through the justboot.

It gets to mostly done before it pops up unrecognised build. However the phone starts up and I just can't open Cydia.

Any ideas ??
I'm using the most recent version of Redsnow as have literally just jailbroke.

Cheers in advance :)

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
If you have Verizon its a CDMA, if you have someone else it's GSM... HOWEVER... Untethered is going to be dropping sometime relatively soon do you might as well wait...

caswellsam

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I literally started jailbreaking then read the post ... Will it work the same as this one ?? As in you can do it via IOS 5.0 ? It would really suck nuts if I couldn't do it for 5.0.1 :-/

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW