Possible semi-bad Jailbreak

tkistre

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
I decided to jailbreak my Verizon Iphone 4 with IOS 5.01 a couple of days ago. Used the latest Redsnow and had no issues. All went well so I downloaded MiWi and 3G Unrestrictor, since that is what I mainly jailbreak for. I did add a couple of themes from the main Cydia screen and that is the issue I want to talk about...

The themes work and phone has been stable for 3 days now with one exception. The "Mail" icon remains the same as the original IOS icon. No matter which theme I choose, all icons change to that theme, except the "Mail" one. Do you think that although phone runs fine, that maybe something in the Jailbreak did not complete, so I'm having this issue? I most likely will just re-jailbreak, but thought I'd see if anyone else had this problem & possibly easy fix.

iDonev

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
If it was a bad jailbreak you would be reinstalling the iOS firmware.
It is likely that you're applying themes that haven't been updated to support iOS 5. It might also be worth reinstalling the themeing app.

tkistre

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
I did reinstall the jailbreak but no difference. I also reinstalled the themes but no difference either. 2 of the 3 themes I installed claim to be compatible but they all exhibit the same issue. I'll give it more time. It's mainly an annoying thing. Phone is stable & runs great!

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
Most themes that are iOS 5 compatible will say so in Cydia in their description, and there are many, You may just need to SSH into the theme and change the name of that particular icon manually.

tkistre

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
After looking around Google... I found some people who have had this issue. Some talk about changing names through SSH to make sure it is right, but others state about making changes through iFile, which I have. When I go into the folders of the themes, the icon for "Mail" is there and is what it is suppose to be for that particular theme. Makes me think there is something else going on...but I have no idea where to go from here.

tkistre

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
In looking around for this issue at other web sites...I read where some people stated it was an issue with other Jailbreak apps, particularly "Activator,"causing the theme problem. I did not install any themes till after I installed my apps from Cydia. I've only installed biteSMS, MyWi, 3G Unrestrictor & SBSettings. I assume that one of those apps needed "Activator" since I did not install it by itself.

Anyone else with these apps installed experience theme problems...particularly an icon not being themed???

tkistre

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Most themes that are iOS 5 compatible will say so in Cydia in their description, and there are many, You may just need to SSH into the theme and change the name of that particular icon manually.

When I read your response originally, I looked at the theme's icon name and it appeared correct. But, after the last couple of weeks and aggravated of "Mail" icon never changing to theme... I looked again at the "Mail" icon name in iFile. What I happened to see, after putting on my glasses, is that the iPhone's icon name is capitalized...and all the theme's icon's name were lower case. It was hard to distinguish between i & I , at least it was for me, without glasses. Once I changed the theme's icon name to iPhone's icon name, all worked!

Just thought I'd update thread, in case someone else was having same issue.

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
When I read your response originally, I looked at the theme's icon name and it appeared correct. But, after the last couple of weeks and aggravated of "Mail" icon never changing to theme... I looked again at the "Mail" icon name in iFile. What I happened to see, after putting on my glasses, is that the iPhone's icon name is capitalized...and all the theme's icon's name were lower case. It was hard to distinguish between i & I , at least it was for me, without glasses. Once I changed the theme's icon name to iPhone's icon name, all worked!

Just thought I'd update thread, in case someone else was having same issue.

Cool, I'm glad you got it fixed, sometimes it's the little things like that rather than a larger issue!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nijolcreative