Great News- Updated iFaith

crystus

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
ih8snow has updated his iFaith tool and now allows for SHSH dumps for 5.0 and has found a way around Apple's restrictions as the program will now allow for these dumpes SHSH's to allow an unsigned restore. Musclenerd and Pod2g have said that an untethered jailbreak may require the use of iFaith. Taken from Engadget and its new writer Josh Tucker.

Great news, I have been dying to restore to fix an issue but have lived with it because I would have to upgrade to 5.0.1.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
and for all the 5.0.1+ users--guess what, you're SOL. me included FML

edit: if you were wondering if you could go back to 5.0, that is

Last edited:

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
from everything i have read its not possible if youre already on 5.0.1. wish i was wrong

this tool will only save SHSH from the currently installed firmware. 5.0 or 5.0.1 i say save it now so you can always go back

mgregg99

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
from everything i have read its not possible if youre already on 5.0.1. wish i was wrong

this tool will only save SHSH from the currently installed firmware. 5.0 or 5.0.1 i say save it now so you can always go back

You seem to be contradicting yourself. You say "save it now so you can always go back", but right above that you say "it's not possible if you're already on 5.0.1". I'm confused.

Mike

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
haha, my apologies for the confusion. if you're on 5.0 it is probably a good idea to save your blobs so "in the future" you can go back, even when Apple stops signing that specific firmware. also a very good idea if you ever need to restore after Apple stops signing 5.0

anyone who is on 5.0.1 right now cannot go back to 5.0 or if anyone updates to 5.0.1 without using this tool either

AND it's not just for Jailbreakers either. stock users can use it too!

keep in keep in mind it's not just for saving 5.0 blobs, it's for any firmware you're on at the time

Last edited:

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
So with iFaith, will it dump blobs for a firmware Apple isn't signing anymore, as long as it's on the device? (For instance, I've got 5.0 on mine, and Tiny Umbrella only finds SHSH for 5.0.1 and 5.1b1--will iFaith allow me to dump my 5.0 blobs even if Apple isn't signing them?)

(EDIT: I've since read that it does exactly that...but now I have a dumb question: since it requires being in DFU, what is the process for getting out of that after dumping blobs? Just a tethered reboot?)

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox