Text Message Color Change

sciteach

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
Quick question; I know that the text bubbles represent whether a text is imessage or sms. My wife has an iPhone 4 and her brother has a 3g w/ iOS5. During one conversation some of her text bubbles came up blue while others came up green (on her phone). Why would the same conversation be going out as SMS and iMessage?

I hope that made sense.

Thanks in advanced.

Last edited:

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Depending on if the person has 3G or not. If one person doesn't it'll send as text. It happens to me occasionally. Nothing to worry about.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Reactions: ThePinkChameleon

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
iMessage requires data connectivity.. if a data connection is lost on either end it will automatically send a text message. You can turn this off in settings if you want.

Reactions: ThePinkChameleon

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Depending on if the person has 3G or not. If one person doesn't it'll send as text. It happens to me occasionally. Nothing to worry about.

iMessage requires data connectivity.. if a data connection is lost on either end it will automatically send a text message. You can turn this off in settings if you want.

Thanks guys:) this actually happened to me today for the first time while I was texting my husband. Depending on the area he's working in can have crappy signal, so I'm guessing that's why it happened then !!

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Thanks guys:) this actually happened to me today for the first time while I was texting my husband. Depending on the area he's working in can have crappy signal, so I'm guessing that's why it happened then !!

no problem!

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site

Glad to help