Japanese iPhone 4 > UK > iOS 5 > HELP!!!!

gsleung

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
To all Experts,

This is a complicated situation that needs urgent help!

I have an iPhone 4 from Japan (should be GSM), still locked.
Then I traveled to Hong Kong, while I was there, I bought a GEVEY piggy back SIM to trick my phone,
so I continued to use in Hong Kong. Then I came to the UK, did the same thing, and worked fine with the O2 network.

This morning (29 Nov) I updated without knowing... to iOS 5 (not sure what version 5.0/5.0.1/5.1...)

I tried the Voiceover 3 fingers, 112 Emergency call and through Redsnow with iPhone3,1_5.0_9A334_Restore.ipsw.... but all didn't work for me.

Still cannot get pass the activation. What should I do, and How do I do it?
PLEASE HELP!!!

iDonev

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Gevey works on specific iPhone 4 basebands. By updating to 5.0.1 you've updated your baseband as well so Gdvey will not work. Right now you're only hope is a software unlock using ultrasn0w which is quite sketchy to begin with. If you happen to have SHSH blobs for iOS 4.x.x, you should downgrade to it and flash your baseband to a supported version of ultrasn0w.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Gevey works on specific iPhone 4 basebands. By updating to 5.0.1 you've updated your baseband as well so Gdvey will not work. Right now you're only hope is a software unlock using ultrasn0w which is quite sketchy to begin with. If you happen to have SHSH blobs for iOS 4.x.x, you should downgrade to it and flash your baseband to a supported version of ultrasn0w.

As far as I know and I might be out of the loop here the only baseband you can flash on an iPhone is the iPad baseband. The caveat to that is you can't upgrade ever using stock Apple firmware( what you did accidentally :p ) and you also don't have any warranty because Apple will easily be able to tell your phone is JBen and there is no way to un-JB it.

If you're trying to use the ipsw iPhone3,1_5.0_9A334_Restore.ipsw then that wont load because it is 5.0 and Apple has stopped signing/authorizing that when 5.0.1 dropped which is also what you most likely have on your phone. I don't know what baseband Gevey supports so what I would do is look online to see if you can find out. If the case is it doesn't support the new basebands then you might be stuck waiting until the 5.1 is released. I heard Ultrasn0w has been updated and it supposedly supports 5.0.1 but I have a friend who tried on his 3Gs and it didn't work was asking for 5.1 or something. Anyway if you atleast want to get your phone working again to see which baseband you're on hook up the phone to iTunes and it should say it's in recovery mode, hit restore and let it do it's thing. If your phone just has the USB to iTunes on the screen waiting for activation then just go here run Redsn0w and once you get it open post back.

Windows
iClarified - iPhone - How to Jailbreak Your iPhone 4 Using RedSn0w (Windows) [5.0]

Mac
iClarified - iPhone - How to Jailbreak Your iPhone 4 Using RedSn0w (Mac) [5.0]

Redsn0w
iClarified - iPhone - Where to Download RedSn0w From

I know the tutorials say 5.0 but just follow the directions using Redsn0w b6 I think

gsleung

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
That was educational guys. Seems like I need to do more research on that now. At least I have a direction! Thanks for the help anyway. o_O

Jon Seals

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
If you updated to iOS 5, you aren't going to be unlocking any time soon.

As for hacktivating, I'm pretty sure Redsn0w will do it for you when you jailbreak, but you still aren't going to be using another carrier except the one it came from.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73