Popup Blocker Updated for iOS5!

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
i see the version # has changed but there are no new notes in the changelog. i'm assuming he just hasn't added them yet?

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
You know what I'm going to be loving with this? Being able to have just Messages+ give me a lockscreen popup, but then to also be able to dismiss the popup with the home button. No more going into ISX to clear them!

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
can this be achieved now? or when the stand alone version of M+ is out?

Right now I have Popup Blocker enabled for the lockscreen, and it's working great. I've got SMS alerts allowed in the PB settings, but didn't touch anything in the "Exceptions" section. So basically Messages+ is just using the native SMS settings, but the popup gives me Messages+ Quick Reply when I use the Slide to Reply option. Everything else is blocked at the Lockscreen. (You can see below that I got a statusbar icon for my email, but I didn't get a LS popup for that, only for the SMS. You can, however, set it to wake the LS when an alert is blocked, which is what I think you wanted, right?)

T5OS0.jpg

But if I didn't want to reply to that, one tap of the Home button makes it disappear. Awesome.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
^ Awesome indeed! however, i am unable to block notifications still. they all are showing up on the LockScreen working with configurations now..

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
That's a drag, hopefully he'll get an update going if there are other reports...can you at least dismiss them with the home button?

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
He's usually pretty good about it. I'll keep an eye out too. I wonder if it could be an ISX conflict...not blocking popups seems like a big oversight for something called Popup Blocker.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
i asked Ashman how progress was coming along with this, via twitter, and he responded with "Not much right now"

:(

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
That's a drag...I still can't figure out why he released an update that doesn't do the ONE thing it's supposed to do.

On a better note, I think OpenNotifier will be updated before long...

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
That's a drag...I still can't figure out why he released an update that doesn't do the ONE thing it's supposed to do.

On a better note, I think OpenNotifier will be updated before long...

lol! yeah what's up with that?! how much longer do you think on OpenNotifier?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner