IOS 5.0.1 Vodafone UK

Philbaines

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Hi guys.

Well I have a 4S in the UK on O2.
As most people know you cannot turn off "3G".

I was on to AppleCare the other day and the advisor told me she can turn off her 3G on her 4S running 5.0.1 but shes on vodafone. She did tell me she knows all the other uk networks the option isn't there.

Now my question is could I download the Vodafone version of 5.0.1 so I can turn off 3G?

My wife is on Vodafone so I do have access to a voda sim if I need it!

Regards
Phil.

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=53.391509,-2.596860

Wallace

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
I've never heard of that. When I was at the Apple store in Manchester (UK), I asked the 'Genius' if it were possible to switch off 3G, she said no. At the time of asking I was buying the 4s (no SIM). She didn't say 'you can on Vodafone but not on any other carrier'.

I would be very interested, like you, in finding out if it was possible and the 'Genius' was misinformed or simply didn't know.

It would sure help battery life!

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
I highly doubt this is true.. the reason I say this is apple made all iPhones 4s' the same I am assuming they did this to make one software version why would they make a separate software just for voda?

Wallace

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
I wondering if the 'Genius' was referring to an iPhone 4 and NOT the 4s?

Not teaching you to suck eggs, but I still have my iPhone 4 and you CAN turn off 3G on that (its unlocked and on o2). Both running iOS v5.0.1

anon(4697585)

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm on Voda and can confirm you cannot turn 3G off.

However, I think she may have misunderstood your question. You can turn 3G off... Technically. What u cannot do is have GPRS/Edge only!

@dp_scott

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: noaim

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
I'm on Voda and can confirm you cannot turn 3G off.

However, I think she may have misunderstood your question. You can turn 3G off... Technically. What u cannot do is have GPRS/Edge only!

@dp_scott

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

thanks for confirming this I highly doubted there would be a separate software version for just voda

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2