Verizon Iphone 4s with Tmobile????

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Can a Verizon Iphone 4s be unlocked for Tmobile via sim card slot?

The Verizon iPhone 4S is a world phone that has GSM capabilities. Technically it could be unlocked, and a Tmobile sim should work in it. The questions is can you get it unlocked. Right now, I'm not sure if you can or not. Since there is no jailbreak, it might not be possible, unless the carrier unlocks it. If you can unlock the phone, and use it on tmobile, it wont work on tmobile's 3G network since it's a different band then what is in the iPhone. It would only work on their EDGE network. If you have Verizon now, I would recommend calling them, and seeing if they will unlock it for you for overseas travel. They may, or may not do it for you. If they do, at that point, you should be able to put your tmobile sim in, and have it work.

korp#IM

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
The Verizon iPhone 4S is a world phone that has GSM capabilities. Technically it could be unlocked, and a Tmobile sim should work in it. The questions is can you get it unlocked. Right now, I'm not sure if you can or not. Since there is no jailbreak, it might not be possible, unless the carrier unlocks it. If you can unlock the phone, and use it on tmobile, it wont work on tmobile's 3G network since it's a different band then what is in the iPhone. It would only work on their EDGE network. If you have Verizon now, I would recommend calling them, and seeing if they will unlock it for you for overseas travel. They may, or may not do it for you. If they do, at that point, you should be able to put your tmobile sim in, and have it work.

Read on the Apple website ... unlocked version won't work on anything but GSM, not sure why but they do specifically state that on the website.

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Read on the Apple website ... unlocked version won't work on anything but GSM, not sure why but they do specifically state that on the website.

Not sure what you're trying to say here. I'm talking about using on GSM not CDMA.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Last edited:

David60639

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys

Verizon will unlock your iPhone 4s for free after 60 days of continuous service. However the phone is primarily CDMA and you can't switch between the two. If you are outside of CDMA coverage such as china then it will allow the use of gsm network.

--David
A Verizon sales rep.

CPUGEEK

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys

Verizon will unlock your iPhone 4s for free after 60 days of continuous service. However the phone is primarily CDMA and you can't switch between the two. If you are outside of CDMA coverage such as china then it will allow the use of gsm network.

--David
A Verizon sales rep.

You can swtich between the 2. You go into settings and select the gsm network and vice versa

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
The GSM innards of a Verizon iPhone can be unlocked for use on carriers OUTSIDE the US...

The way around it would be to get a GSM sim from Canada or Mexico and pay the roaming fees if you want to use the GSM side of a Verizon iPhone in the good ol' USA.

CPUGEEK

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
The GSM innards of a Verizon iPhone can be unlocked for use on carriers OUTSIDE the US...

The way around it would be to get a GSM sim from Canada or Mexico and pay the roaming fees if you want to use the GSM side of a Verizon iPhone in the good ol' USA.

Your wrong and right. I never asked about roaming to a diffrent country. My question swas if I could use the 4s with tmobile.

To answer my own question i did get it working. i unlocked my phone and put a tmobile sim card in my 4s and it worked. Only thing I had to do is go into settings-network and swith it over to tmobile. I cant use both networks at once

Problem solved close thread

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Well then I'm gonna hijack this thread.... If theres a sim spot how come nobody is working on a way to make "expansive" memory using the sim spot!!!!!???!?

ALSO why isn't 4s LTE???? I thought the only thing holding LTE back was sim card...

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Because Apple didn't put a LTE radio in the phone, presumedly because of the impact on battery life.

Beamed from a galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk!

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
ALSO why isn't 4s LTE???? I thought the only thing holding LTE back was sim card...

4 reasons: battery, battery, battery, size considerations.

When the Verizon iPhone4 was launched, it was said then that it was not an LTE device because of battery issues, and there would have had to have been some design considerations that they were not willing to make to accommodate the LTE chipsets yet. The next iPad and iPhone will be LTE devices.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Your wrong and right. I never asked about roaming to a diffrent country. My question swas if I could use the 4s with tmobile.

To answer my own question i did get it working. i unlocked my phone and put a tmobile sim card in my 4s and it worked. Only thing I had to do is go into settings-network and swith it over to tmobile. I cant use both networks at once

Problem solved close thread

Did u get it working in the USA ?

My understanding is you can sorta unlock a CDMA 4s the gsm will work but only with out of country sims .. Even after unlock if wont work on local USA carriers like tmobile etc.

Not a true unlock to me but a half unlock

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

CPUGEEK

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
^^Works fine for me no problems for me. Only thing no data access and when i do its slow, but i only use it as another number to call out

Stides

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Is it working with T Mobile 3G? That is the problem with most Verizon world phones. You can unlock them for use abroad on 3G, but they don't support the 3G frequencies for T Mobile and AT&T in the U.S. That means it will work on those networks but it is stuck on 2G/Edge. Can anyone get 3G on T Mobile or AT&T with their Verizon iPhone?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR