Cydia constant crash after 5.0.1 JB... other people having this prob?

talkin73

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
Wow. I did a restore as new to 5.0.1 on my iP4... I do this everytime I JB instead of upgrading to wipe out any old files from prior JBs or system stuff. Since the first time I opened Cydia it has crashed more times in my use of it the past 30 minutes than in the past 4 months I've had my Verizon iP4 on 4.2.8 JB. I've done all the upgrades that Cydia automatically recommended and it just cannot stop crashing. Seems VERY unstable right now. Anyone else having this issue?

iDonev

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I had the same issue on my 3GS on iOS 5.0. Leaving Cydia to finish loading whatever it's loading before tapping the next action seemed to prevent 30% of the crashes.

Edit; Also I've found that queuing stuff for install/removal/upgrade caused a crash 95% of the time.

Last edited:

talkin73

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
I had the same issue on my 3GS on iOS 5.0. Leaving Cydia to finish loading whatever it's loading before tapping the next action seemed to prevent 30% of the crashes.

Edit; Also I've found that queuing stuff for install/removal/upgrade caused a crash 95% of the time.

Same here! Queuing is, of course, a huge timesaver over installing one app at a time and the constant quitting of Cydia with this action (among others... lots of other things make it quit now, where it virtually never did under 4.2.10) makes it seems extremely unstable.

Do you also find that it is never remembering your login credentials for your Cydia account, either Facebook of Google info? That's another thing... even though I have the box checked to stay signed in, every single time I access my account to view installable purchases, I have to reenter this info. Frustrating. Hopefully Saurik can add some stability over time.

iDonev

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I download my purchases without logging in. I just search them and Cydia recognizes that they have been paid.

talkin73

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
I download my purchases without logging in. I just search them and Cydia recognizes that they have been paid.

I took to doing that as well, just had to remind myself which apps I had purchased... but then realized if I couldn't remember the app, I probably wasn't using it enough to care :D

Interestingly, searching for apps and putting them in the queue that way doesn't seem to result in the anywhere near the same number of Cydia quits. Strange...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro