Status bar icon cache?

gpix13

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
Hello all,

First post to these forums, I've done my share of searching and cant seem to acquire an answer. So I downloaded this full status bar icons theme and changed the names of the files for iOS 5 and everything. Well, then I decided that I didn't want the theme's message, email, airplane mode, etc icons; that I just wanted the signal bar icons to be themed. So I deleted the icons that I wanted to delete from the theme. However, they still appear. Now with my experience of iPhone icon theming, this is probably due to a cache that needs to be deleted, but.... I can't find the cache to delete. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Jake

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
You didn't rename/delete any of the originals in your file system, right? Did you respring after altering your theme? That's usually all I need to do with status bar icons.

gpix13

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
I have resprung several times after applying the theme and no I didn't actually replace any of the system icons, I just used the bundle. :/

gpix13

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
Fixed:

I must say that I feel very stupid... I did not realize there was another folder in my theme that was changing the icons that I didn't want to be themed.. :( I renamed the folder so that it would be unrecognized, resprung, looks wonderful. Thank you for your response, Massie. It forced me to re-examine everything.

-Jake

batkiller

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site
Same problem!

This post is old, so I don't know if anyone will see a new comment.... But I have the exact same problem. The only thing I wish to change about an existing theme is the Black_BatteryDrainingInsides.... I altered it to be the color I want, and replaced the original in the UIImages folder, then resprung, but it still shows up as the old one. I've resprung, rebooted, removed/reinstalled the theme, re-resprung/re-rebooted, no luck. Even if I completely delete that file from the theme and reboot with no Black_Battery...Insides file at all, it still somehow manages to find the old one and use it. When you said there's another folder controlling those icons, what folder were you talking about? Another one outside of the theme itself? Is there a preferences file that needs to be edited? A cache that needs to be flushed? I've been able to change individual parts of themes before, and I've never had one continued to exist even when the resource files are missing!

Any help would be appreciated!

batkiller

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site
Fixed!

In case anyone else happened to read this and is interested in the solution-- it turns out I was editing the wrong pngs. What I thought would be the Black_BatteryDrainingInsides....png was actually the WhiteOnBlackEtch_Battery....etc...png, and I'd forgotten that the "Silver" status bar is no longer called that in iOS 5 (I don't do much theming anymore), it's called ColorOnGrayShadow_Battery....Insides...png. So I replaced the appropriate files, and voila! I can't believe the flood of documentation on theming with really old versions of iOS....:mad:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77