jayblazer

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Alright I have no idea what one is but I know I need one. I have a 3gs that I restored after the nice lady at 1800-my apple assured me that I would be able to use it as an iPod with no problems well problem is that I cannot get it to work cus I have no sim card. So I have jailbroke in the past with redsn0w and man do they make it easy. But there latest offering will not cut it so I'm trying snowbreeze but it requires an ipsw. Can anyone help me? Steer me in the right direction maybe a click able link? Also am I even headed in the right direction?

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
You need the Ipsw file for what ever version your 3Gs is running ... then u can use that with redsnow or snowbreeze to hactivate http://www.felixbruns.de/iPod/firmware/

Simple solution thou is borrow a sim even a non activated one and it will get u past the lock screen them u can remove it

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

jayblazer

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
thank you for the link i dowmnloaded the right file over night and when i got up this morning i tryed to jailbreak i uncompressed the folder and that gave me several files im not sure which one to use? i had kind of assumed that ipsw was the file extention.. i tried to drag and drop in snowbreeze but it didnt acknowledge anything..

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
OK first of all you don't use the same version of Redsn0w everytime. There are different versions for different firmware ie. 5.0,5.0.1 so go to iClarified - Apple News and Tutorials and go to Tutorials, iPhone, Jailbreak and look for the method that has the firmware version you are running. It's most likely 5.0.1 if you restored the device, there will ne links in the tutorial for the tools and firmware(ipsw). You don't unzip the file you downloaded rename it from zip to ipsw

jayblazer

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
I have the latest version of redsn0w but it still didn't work right. I'm not sure
On the exact version number but I believe it ended with an 8 it said for
5.0.1. But it did not recognize the build like the red snow I had for 5.0
Did. I wish I could use it without a jailbreak an iPod is all I want. My problem
There is that it does not acknowledge the sim card at all. I have read the
Threads about a work around for that but I can't do them without an activated
Phone. Ugh.

iDonev

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
sn0wbreeze offers hacktivation, meaning you don't need a SIM card to activate. Head on over to ih8sn0w.com, grab the latest version of sn0wbreeze and off you go :)

jayblazer

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
welli got the ipsw worked out snowbreeze made me an ipsw and i went into itunes and clicked shift and restore it allowed me to select my snowbreeze ipsw and it started working everything seemed good there was a snowflake on my screen and all was good then it verified with itunes and an apple came up on my screen and im right back where i started it boots like normal then i get to the sim card screen and it says insert sim.. i tried putting it in dfu and booting with ibooty and i brought me righ tback to the normal screen.. did the jailbreak not take?

iDonev

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
In sn0wbreeze, in Expert mode, under General settings there is the option to activate the phone. You need to make sure that the checkbox is active before you create the custom IPSW.