Why is the 3gs phone bricking itself?

entronp

May 30, 2010
Visit site
I have unlocked hundreds of 3gs's. I use the same reliable versions of redsn0w to do it.

Two times in a row this happened to me:

downgrade the iphone from 4.3.4 up to 5.0.1 using tinyumbrella to find shsh for 4.1, run tss server in recovery mode, then put in pwn'd dfu, open itunes and install sn0wbreeze 4.1, then when its all done, I run redsn0w version 0.9.6rc8 to just install ipad BB, then two times in a row on 3gs 8gb, the wifi is gone and the modern firmware is gone, meaning no wifi and no sim card.

I've done 3gs 8gb's many many times in the past as well as 16gb and 32gb...using the same software, same computer, same everything.

Anyone know what is going on? Yesterday I did the exact same process two times on 16gb iphones with no issues.

entronp

May 30, 2010
Visit site
so I did a 3g 16gb today, 4.2.1, used redsn0w to jb and do ipad bb. Restarts and I have wifi but the modern firmware is gone again, no sim card can be used.

So I downgrade to 3.1.3 and luckily enough it works and the 6.15 is there. I just am not sure why things are going so badly lately. Anyone else having issues?

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Try snowbreeze to upgrade to 4.2.1 maybe something went screwy when you flashed the baseband

I have used the method you described numerous times of 3G iPhones to unlock them

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

entronp

May 30, 2010
Visit site
The 3g is working fine now so I'll leave it be. The 3gs seems to be damaged permanently though. Nothing has brought the modem firmware back.

ovidiu1305

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
This happened to me once, when unlocking a 3gs, this happens when flashing the ipad baseband, probably something when wrong when flashing the baseband, have you seen anything different when was flashing the baseband?For fixing I have tried different options like updating to ipad baseband again, or updating to a stock firmware, but none worked. Is there is a solution to this would be curious to find it

entronp

May 30, 2010
Visit site
I've flashed a dozen iphones since this happened and nothing went wrong. It just happens sometimes I guess. Once it does happen, usually nothing can fix it.

entronp

May 30, 2010
Visit site
Gotta love it.

Did two 3gs iphones, unlocked with no issue installing ipad baseband. One 8gb and one 16gb.

Today did an 8gb, bricked itself yet again. Use the same exact process every time. Very frustrating and financially draining.

ovidiu1305

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
If you have time try this, restore a custom firmware without baseband update,then Reset network settings,then restore a stock firmware that will chage the baseband or jailbreak with redsn0w and only sellect install ipad baseband (the ideea is to flash a new baseband).let me know if it worked

ovidiu1305

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
ok i think I have figured it out what the problem is with the deleted imei, wifi, bluetooth. It seams this happens only to newer 3gs iphones, more exactly iphone newer then the 35 week 2011, probably apple made a hardware modification that is causing this. The problem appears when updating the ipad baseband to one of this devices or you downgrade to stock 4.1 (and probably to any older stock firmware if you have shsh saved )
How can you know if updating to ipad baseband will brick your device:
-verify the iphone serial,is made of 11 characters, the third is the one that shows your year, and the next 2 the week. So if your serial look like xx135xxxxxx (or below 135) you can update to ipad baseband safely, if it looks like xx136xxxxxx (or above 136) then the ipad update will brick your device
Press thanks if this helped you

entronp

May 30, 2010
Visit site
If you have time try this, restore a custom firmware without baseband update,then Reset network settings,then restore a stock firmware that will chage the baseband or jailbreak with redsn0w and only sellect install ipad baseband (the ideea is to flash a new baseband).let me know if it worked

Yeah I have tried that but didnt work.

entronp

May 30, 2010
Visit site
ok i think I have figured it out what the problem is with the deleted imei, wifi, bluetooth. It seams this happens only to newer 3gs iphones, more exactly iphone newer then the 35 week 2011, probably apple made a hardware modification that is causing this. The problem appears when updating the ipad baseband to one of this devices or you downgrade to stock 4.1 (and probably to any older stock firmware if you have shsh saved )
How can you know if updating to ipad baseband will brick your device:
-verify the iphone serial,is made of 11 characters, the third is the one that shows your year, and the next 2 the week. So if your serial look like xx135xxxxxx (or below 135) you can update to ipad baseband safely, if it looks like xx136xxxxxx (or above 136) then the ipad update will brick your device
Press thanks if this helped you

I also suspect this is the case since it's only happened to 8gb 3gs's which are the newest 3gs iphones but not all of them do this.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73