Turn off your battery percentage

so.long.pre

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I was just wondering if the reason everyone is so battery crazy is because they are watching the percentage. Is anyone is willing to turn off the percent sign for a day to see if the phone gives you enough juice to perform your daily tasks.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I was just wondering if the reason everyone is so battery crazy is because they are watching the percentage. Is anyone is willing to turn off the percent sign for a day to see if the phone gives you enough juice to perform your daily tasks.

I don't think thats the case. People who know their phone and battery, knows how much usage time they use to get per charge. Now that usage time has been slashed. That's how people truely know that they are getting bad battery life.

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I don't think that has anything to do with it. I've seen peoples usage where they're at 2% and only been off the charger 10 hours with 3 hours usage. That just isn't normal. I've been off the charger 28 hours and still have 42%, batt left.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

CalifJewls

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Im not going to turn it off...

I use it as a guide..I don't want to go out knowing Im going to be out for quite awhile and not have enough battery to cover my usage, so I glance at my battery percent and determine whether I give it a charge before I leave the house, or charge it in the car before I reach my destination...after all I believe that's why its there..

_heatherly

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
I feel better about my battery when the percentage is off. But I don't think I ever had bad battery life.

Sent from my iPhone4S using Tapatalk!

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I feel better about my battery when the percentage is off. But I don't think I ever had bad battery life.

Sent from my iPhone4S using Tapatalk!

I have great battery life, but I just really feel the need to know exactly how much battery I have left. Like I know at this moment, I have 33%.

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
I don't think that has anything to do with it. I've seen peoples usage where they're at 2% and only been off the charger 10 hours with 3 hours usage. That just isn't normal. I've been off the charger 28 hours and still have 42%, batt left.

The question is less "how long of standby" have you had and more "how much usage have you had".

Do you have picts of your usage and standby stats from your phone?

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
The question is less "how long of standby" have you had and more "how much usage have you had".

Do you have picts of your usage and standby stats from your phone?

The usage is blank for some reason. But I have been off the charger since 345 yesterday afternoon. I would say I have about 6 hours of usage and the rest standby. But that is my average use.

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
I leave it on to see how much I have left.. I dont look at it ever waking second though so its not a big deal to me..

sj-performance

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Turning battery percentage OFF is like not knowing how fast ur going in ur speedometer MPH or having no fuel gauge LOL

Reactions: verwon

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Turning battery percentage OFF is like not knowing how fast ur going in ur speedometer MPH or having no fuel gauge LOL

LOL !! i like your terminology Sj !! :D

I actually did try turning my percentage off on Sunday......well, that didn't last very long lol. I've grown accustomed to having it on my home page and I like knowing exactly where my battery life is numerically:)

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
For me, seeing the percentage dropping Is maddening. I guess it's because I've only been on IPhone for a few weeks coming from Android. Definitely needed the placebo effect for that thing. Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
During initial setup out of the box is the percentage on or off? I bought mine from Craigslist so I'm not sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh